ARES Scholarships 2023 in Belgium for International Students
You can submit an application to win an ARES fully-funded Scholarship in Belgium for the class of 2023-2024. So, are you passionate and eager about completing your higher studies in Belgium at their prestigious educational institutions under a scholarship program? If yes, here is a golden chance for you.
The globally recognized universities of Belgium that come under the Wallonia-Brussels Federation have come forward to help potential candidates from lower-income countries. In this regard, such universities have announced valuable ARES scholarships in cooperation with the Academy of Research and Higher Education. Eligible applicants from ARES partner countries can apply for these fully-funded scholarships available for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Continuing education programs.
Meanwhile, online applications for ARES scholarships are currently open for the coming session of 2023-2024. Interested international applicants can try their luck and apply for fully-sponsored ARES scholarships without IELTS scores.
Financial Coverage by ARES Scholarships:
Selected winners of ARES scholarships will get various applauding benefits during their degree program to cover their maximum academic and personal expenses. The following are the benefits that will be granted to the winners:
Information about ARES Scholarship Programs:
ARES is a funded scholarship program initiated by the Higher Education & Academy of Research to provide affordable and quality education to everyone. Meanwhile, students from eligible countries enrolled in BS, MS, & Training programs at the Wallonia-Brussels Federation accredited institutions can get their hands on these scholarships and enjoy sponsorship coverage, including rewards, travel coverage, and much more.
On the other hand, around 130 scholarships for Master’s & Bachelor’s programs are awarded to deserving candidates every year. In the same way, there are 70 scholarships in total for the candidates enrolled in Training programs.
However, the duration of ARES scholarships varies with each chosen degree program. For Bachelor’s and Master’s programs, the scholarship program is valid for one year. Meanwhile, continuing education program scholarships will last for 2 to 6 months maximum.
For Bachelor’s & Master’s Specialized Scholarships:
- International travel costs coverage with one free round-trip ticket / academic year.
- Living allowance of €1,150/ month for a total duration of 12 months.
- Indirect mission costs will be given to the scholarship holder.
- Cost for Registration fees
- Insurance costs will be directly paid by ARES.
For Continuing Education Scholarship Programs:
- Free Round Air Trip in the economy class of the IATA-approved airline.
- Monthly expenses
- Insurance Coverage
- Indirect Mission Funds
Degree Programs Available for ARES Scholarships:
While applying for the ARES scholarships, the eligible applicant must be getting a BS/ MS/ Continuing education degree in the following fields only:
For Bachelor’s Program:
- BS in Business Data Analysis
For Master’s Program:
- Human Rights
- Risk and Disaster Management
- Social Innovation Design
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Public Health Sciences
- Integrated Health Risk Management
- International & Development Economics
- Public Health Methodology
For Continuing Education Programs:
- Data Science for Global Health
- Digital University Pedagogy
- Interdisciplinary Certificate in Transitional Justice
- Human Dimensions in sustainable development
- QA and QC of medicines and health products
- Free Geographic Information System
List of ARES-Partnered Countries:
Check out the list of ARES partner countries below to meet the eligibility requirements:
- Republic of Guinea
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Burkina Faso
- South Africa
Application Procedure for ARES Scholarships:
The online application process for renowned ARES scholarships is online. Meanwhile, the selection of candidates will be decided by the selection panel based on their administrative admissibility. On the other hand, all applications will be treated equally, either submitted on the first day or the last day of the call. Similarly, the application is free of any charges.
ARES Scholarships Eligibility Prerequisites:
- Age Limit of Applicant:
- BS & MS Scholarships= 40 years
- Continuing Education Programs= 45 years.
- The applicant must have an equivalent Bachelor’s or graduate degree to meet the requirements.
- The interested applicant must reside/ work/ national of ARES-eligible countries.
- Before applying for the scholarships, the applicant must have work experience of at least two years after completing graduate studies.
- French Language Proficiency is also appreciable (not mandatory).
Let us begin with the application process for ARES Scholarships.
Firstly, create your GIRAF account. After this, you will get a confirmation email with a password for your account. Then, log into the GIRAF account and click on “Competitive calls” —> “My Tasks” —> “International training application 2023-2024“. Make sure to click once, and your application form will open.
Then fill out the form with the correct information about you and attach the required documents in pdf format.
Winners of the ARES scholarship will be selected based on the chosen course, publications, research activities, and academic performance. In the same way, professional work experience, national criteria, gender, and the applicant’s potential to change the world also matter a lot.
Documents List for ARES Scholarship Programs:
Below-listed documents must be attached to the ARES scholarship application form:
- Transcripts for High-degree diploma
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned Passport copy
- Other Academic Transcripts
- Recommendation Letters
- Reference Letter
- Research Plan
- Published Academic Papers (not mandatory)
ARES Scholarship Application Deadline: Jan 27, 2023
Make sure to submit your applications for the ARES scholarship before January 27, 2023.