Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarships 2024 – ADB Scholarships
The ADB- Japan Scholarship program for the batch of 2024-2025 is accepting online applications in 2023 from international students from about 40 countries around the globe. The ADB-Japan Scholarship Programs offers about 140 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields. This ADB scholarship is a golden chance to study for free in any of the 9 ADB-JSP scholarship-affiliated countries.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. It assists its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development. ADB offers various internship programs and scholarships, JSP is one of the fully funded scholarship programs of ADB for post-graduate.
Sponsorship Offered by ADB Scholarships
The winners of any ADB scholarships program may receive a few or all of these sponsorships:
- Full Tuition Fees Sponsorships
- Monthly Subsistence Allowance (including housing)
- Books and Instructional materials expenses
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Free Airfare expense funds for students
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language, and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
Subjects Offered Under ADB Scholarships:
Asian Development Bank Scholarships offers a postgraduate/Master’s degree programs in various subject options:
- Science and Technology: Agriculture, Biological Science, Computer Science, Energy, Engineering, Environment, Forestry, Genetics, and Health.
- Economics, Business, and Management: Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Commerce, E-Business, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Finance, International Cooperation, and Social Sciences.
- Development Studies: Asia Paciﬁc Studies, Development Management, and Development Studies
- Law and Public Policy: International Business Law, International Environmental Law, Policy Studies, Political Science, Public Administration, and Public Policy
Eligibility Criteria for ADB Scholarships:
- Citizen of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese Official Development Assistance scholarship eligible country.
- Gained admission to an approved course in any of the 25 institutions.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- At least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. For programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his or her home country after completion of studies under the program.
- Executive directors, alternate directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The staff of ADB–JSP partner institutions are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than the applicant’s home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
Eligible Countries for ADB Japan Scholarship:
Applicants from any of the following countries can apply for ADB Scholarships this year:
|Papua New Guinea|
|Federated States of Micronesia|
|Lao People’s Democratic Republic|
ADB Japan Scholarship Affiliated Countries:
The ADB–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB) enrolls about 300 students annually in academic institutions located in 9 countries within the Region. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong, China
Documents Required for ADB-Japan Scholarship:
- Applicants are required to submit their latest Income tax return or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a certification of family income (parent’s income).
- The duly accomplished application forms, together with all copies of academic records, should be sent to the institution at least six (6) months before the commencement of the intake that you wish to join.
- The research proposal in order to propose your innovative idea
- Scholarship CV and cover letter
- The study plan to make yourself project as a scheduled student
- Motivation Letter enlisting key points on why you are applying for this funding
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Two original Recommendation Letters by previous professors
- Letter of intent (LOI)
Procedure to Apply for ADB Japan Scholarship:
- Applicant requests information and application forms from the chosen partner institution.
- Applicant completes required documents for application including an ADB-JSP information sheet
- Applicant sends documents to the institution
- The institution evaluates and decides on admission and applicant
- Institution sends a shortlist of candidates to ADB. Only candidates who have been offered admission and endorsed by the academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by the ADB.
- ADB reviews submissions from institutions
- ADB recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese executive director for approval
- ADB selects scholars and informs the institution
- Institution informs all scholars.
- The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for the scholar’s family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of the study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the academic institution or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
- Completion of the application form or admission by the academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for a scholarship; accordingly, you should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise until you have been informed by the institution that you have been awarded a scholarship.
Application Deadline of ADB Scholarship: Ongoing
There are various ADB Scholarship offerings that keep open for applications throughout the year. Therefore, you can search and apply for Asian Development Bank Scholarships at any time of the year.
Send applications for ADB scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence your studies. All partner universities have different deadlines. Refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions from the link.
It’s a deep privilege to participate in this scholarship. I am going to apply for ADB scholarship.