International students are invited to apply for the Bill Gates Scholarships for the class of 2023 from July 15, 2022. The Gates Scholarships TGS are awarded to talented students. Gates Scholarships are fully-funded and will be available to all international students. There is no application fees to apply for the Scholarships by Gates Trust.
The Bill Gates Trust Scholarship’s mission is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others. It aims to achieve this mission by selecting outstanding scholars, providing them with financial and non-financial support at one of the world’s leading universities, and facilitating community building..
Funding Plan of Bill Gates Scholarships:
A Bill Gates Trust Scholarship covers the full cost of studying. The scholarships by Gates Trust also provide additional funding for buying literature, attending conferences, and conducting experimental work.
- The University academic Fees at the appropriate rate. The University Composition Fee varies for different types of students; applicants should see the Graduate Studies prospectus for full details about precise amounts. Where a student from the European Union has been successful in gaining a fees award from public authorities they must accept this and the Trust will not pay these fees.
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2023 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
The Gates Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2023 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
The Gates Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
You can apply for a Gates Scholarship if you are:
- The citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University.
- Must be a high school senior
- Eligible for a Pell grant
- Have a GPA of 3.3/4 at least
Courses Available Under The Gates Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Undergrad Programs
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Documents Required for Bill Gates Scholarship Application Set:
You must submit these supporting documents with your Bill gates scholarship application package:
- Copies of the undergraduate or graduate certificates
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
- Statement of intention
- CV for application
- Recommendation letters should be by at least two professors from the previous institute.
- Study plan
- Copies of all transcripts
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Letter of Motivation explaining the motive to apply for the Gates scholarships
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
Application Procedure for Bill Gates Scholarships:
Applicants submit their Bill Gates Scholarship application for admission and funding (Gates Trust and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal (Link given at the end of the article).
- To be considered for The Gates Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place. Gates scholarship portal has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
- The admission section: In this section, you are applying to a specific graduate course and a College place. You will provide all of the usual details about yourself, your academic background, plans, and suitability for the proposed course.
- Statement: In the application form they ask:
In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please explain why you are applying for a Gates Trust Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Trust Scholarship applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship. In the application form they ask:
Please give your assessment of the applicant’s suitability for a Gates Scholarship. These are awarded on the following criteria: intellectual ability, justification for the choice, of course, a commitment to improving the lives of others, and leadership capacity.
Application Deadline of Bill Gates Scholarships: September 15, 2022
The Gates Scholarship application roundup is currently open. Applications for The Gate Scholarships 2023 will be open for consideration on July 15, 2022; whereas, the expected deadline for the Bill Gates Scholarship is September 15, 2022.