The fully-funded Scholarships at Boston University for the class of 2023-2024 for international students are now open for online applications. All subjects are offered for admission on US Scholarships at Boston University. US Scholarships and grants are gift aid, meaning you do not have to repay them or earn the funds by working.
Boston University awards these academic fundings on the basis of merit, need-based, and endowed cases. These Boston University Scholarships are all made possible by generous gifts from alumni and friends of BU, and by University’s budget, by US Government academic grants, and allocations authorized by the Trustees of Boston University.
Admissions Acceptance Rate of Boston University in 2023 was: 21%
Admissions Application Fees of Boston University: US$80 (Pay via common app portal)
Does Boston University Require IELTS?
IELTS is not a mandatory admission requirement at Boston University if the applicant holds any other acceptable English language certification. The Boston University Scholarship candidates may also consider submitting an English Language Proficiency certificate to get an IELTS exemption.
Boston University also offer few state scholarships. Federal and state grants are government-funded awards that do not have to be repaid. Eligibility requirements are established by the government. Most require that you file the FAFSA. At Boston University, private scholarships are also available from other various sponsors.
Who can Apply for a Boston University Scholarship?
- International students are considered for the Trustee, international, fulbright and Presidential Scholarships only.
- American citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other US scholarships.
Finance Benefits of Boston University Scholarships
The awardees of Boston University Scholarships will be entitled to receive any or all of the below-listed coverage plan:
- Free accommodation and free food
- Cash fixed-funding award
- Monthly stipend funding
- Partial or full tuition fees sponsorships
- Conference attending fees
- Return air tickets
- Sponsorship to buy literature and conduct experiments
Categories of Boston University Scholarships
- Need-Based Scholarships: Awarded to students who demonstrate financial eligibility and who file both the CSS Profile™ and FAFSA by the financial aid application deadline.
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Awarded solely on the basis of academic, artistic, or athletic achievements.
- State Grants: Offered by many state governments. Certain states allow their grant awards to be used at colleges and universities outside your state of residence.
- Federal Grants: Based on financial eligibility as determined by the information you provide on the FAFSA and criteria established by the federal government.
List 2023 Boston University Scholarships:
Boston University offers variety of merit-based scholarships. Most of these US scholarships of Boston University cover full tuition fees, stipend, hostel room and many other student benefits. Most US scholarship awards of Boston University are for academic achievement, while others go to talented athletes, performers, and artists. Plus, merit-based awards don’t require you to submit a financial aid application and do not have to be repaid.
#1 Presidential Scholarships
Given to first-year students from around the globe who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. In addition to being among our most talented students, they also excel beyond the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities.
#2 Boston University Engineering College Scholarships
For College of Engineering applicants who have participated in at least one season with a FIRST Robotics team.
- Annual Value: $25,000
- Deadline: October 30
- Number of Awards: Varies
#3 Boston University Trustee Scholarships
BU’s most prestigious scholarship, scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities. Competitive applicants who are among the most accomplished in their class and demonstrate exceptional engagement in their schools and communities should apply.
- Annual Value: Full tuition & fees
- Number of Awards: 20
- Deadline: December 30
- One scholarship essay required on the Common or Coalition Application
- Available to international students
- No CSS Profile™ & FAFSA required
#4 National Merit Scholarships
Finalists in the National Merit Competition who designate BU as the first-choice college with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation before March 1 will be considered for this award.
- Deadline: September 15
- Annual Value: Presidential Scholarships
- Submitting the FAFSA and CSS Profile is recommended
#5 College Board National Recognition Scholarships
For students recognized by the College Board National Recognition Programs who have exceptionally strong academic records.
- Deadline: September 31
- Annual Value: $25,000
- FAFSA and CSS Profile is recommended
Scholarship Application Process at Boston University:
To receive need-based financial aid from BU, you must submit both the CSS Profile™ and FAFSA, which are used to determine your “expected family contribution.”
- Check out all scholarship applicable deadlines.
- Fill your application and submit it on FAFSA.
- Create and fill CSS Profile.
- Upload a CSS Profile Funding Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent to the MyBU Portal if getting a Profile from your other (noncustodial) parent will be impossible.
- Check regularly your MyBU Portal “ Scholarship Application Status” page and email account for requests for additional information.
- Wait for the final results, Good luck!