British (UK) Work VISA Application Process 2023 (Explained)
How to apply for UK Work Visa?
If you are considering finding a job in the UK then you would be required to obtain a valid British (UK) Work VISA in order to be eligible to start working in the UK. British jobs are very highly paid and offer unmatchable benefits and this is why everyone wants to move to the UK to start working there.
Are you willing to be a part of the UK’s top-notch industries and multinational companies? If it is a yes, here is your chance. The government of the UK has announced various employment opportunities for deserving candidates eager to serve the country with their expertise and knowledge. But before starting your professional journey in the UK, get a suitable work visa permit that matches your job.
No wonder the UK is considered to be the top-most preferred destination for many skilled and qualified graduates to kick off their careers. The diverse job sectors, versatile fields, well-paid salaries, and unlimited benefits are the reasons that provoke international talent to come here and built their future. But, working in the UK is not as easy as it seems, as one has to ponder many factors, like the work visa process, eligibility criteria, application charges, and much more.
British-UK Work VISA Types Suitable for You in 2023
If you are coming to the UK for a full-time or part-time job, read this article. Here we have discussed everything from the application process to available work permit types that will make your professional journey smoother in the UK.
Duration of Long-Term & Short-Term Work Visa of UK:
The maximum duration to stay in the UK under the Long-Term work visa is three to a maximum of five years. Meanwhile, if the visa is expired or you switch jobs, you need to update the visa. However, the short-term visa is valid for 6 to 12 months or more.
In this article, we have enlisted the following details:
1# UK Work Visa Types:
Long-Term UK Work Visa:
- Skilled Worker Visa
- Health and Care Worker visa
- Specialist Worker Visa
- Scale Up Worker Visa
- Ministry of Religion Visa
- International Sportsperson Visa
Short-Term UK Work Visa:
- International Agreement Visa
- Charity Worker Visa
- Religious Worker Visa
- Seasonal Worker Visa
- Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
- Graduate Visa
- Graduate Trainee Visa
Other Visa Types for the UK:
- Innovator Visa
- Start-up Visa
- Global Talent Visa
Eligibility Requirements for UK Work Permit Application:
The following are the eligibility requirements for UK Long-Term & Short-Term Work Visa:
- The applicant must have a sponsorship certificate from the specified employer that illustrates the job role.
- The applicant must be a qualified healthcare or adult care professional, nurse, or doctor to become eligible for the healthcare work visa.
- The applicant is only eligible to work for the Home Office-approved employer.
- The applicant must have a confirmed job offer before applying for a visa.
- Applicant can only do the job available in eligible occupations.
- The applicant must be paid a minimum salary relevant to the job type.
- Fluency in speaking, understanding, or writing English is mandatory.
Application Process for UK Work Visa:
The application process for a UK Work visa is online. Check out the below-listed required documents and submit them with your application form. You will also be required to go for biometrics at the Visa application center. On the other hand, your documents and passport will also be kept during the application process. Similarly, you can also include your partner and children in the visa application process only if they are eligible.
How much time does it take to complete the visa application process?
Generally, it requires 3 to 11 weeks to complete the whole process for visa application. However, the processing time might differ due to different work visa types and the country from where you are applying for the visa.
Required Documents for UK Work Visa:
Following are the documents that need to be submitted with the UK Work Visa application:
- Certificate of Sponsorship
- English Language Proficiency Proof
- A Valid Passport
- Job Title
- Annual Salary
- Job Occupation Code
- Employer Name and sponsor license number
- TB test Results (for the applicants of listed countries)
- A Criminal Record Certificate
- Bank Statements
- Investment Funds evidence
- Your relationship is proof with your partner and children.
Questions to be Prepared for UK Work Visa Interview:
Check out the list of some questions that might help you in clearing your UK work visa interview:
- Name of the employer & organization?
- When did you get the job offer?
- What is your offered position at the company?
- Duration of your job offer?
- Do you have any work experience in the UK or outside the UK?
- Reason to work for this specific employer?
- Will you return to your country after the expiration of your visa?
- Purpose of coming to the UK?
- Who is covering your expenses?
- Have you ever been to the UK before?
- Your Religious thoughts.
- Are you fluent in English?
- Are you in any debt?
- Your plans if the application gets rejected?
- What will you do if you do not get a job here?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Did you ever receive any physical or mental treatment?
- Why do you want to leave your home country?
- Are you married?
- Do you have kids?
- Do you have family or friends living/ working/ studying in the UK?