Canadian Scholarships Without IELTS in 2023 – Study for free in Canada
Steps to Apply for Scholarships in Canada for Higher Studies
Submit a free application for admissions to Canadian University for a fully-funded Canadian Scholarship without IELTS requirement in 2023 for the class of 2023. These scholarships in Canada are open for all degree levels, subjects, and exchange programs.
Benefits of Canadian Scholarships for International Students
If you manage to win a Scholarship at Canadian University then the following academic benefits may be issued to you partially or in full:
- Students who study in Canada have a far greater chance of obtaining marketable skills.
- Free of cost education at Canadian University (Or discounted)
- Bachelor’s degrees in Canada are highly regarded.
- Monthly personal living allowances (Stipends)
- Canadian scholarship makes it feasible to have access to cutting-edge technologies and laboratories on campus.
- Residence facilities, with utility sponsorship
- Canada offers inexpensive tuition rates and living costs
- Canada is a great place to work and study at the same time
- A golden chance of taking part in Canadian internships
Admissions Application Process in Canadian Universities
If you want to apply for a Canadian scholarship follow these steps.
- Search for the scholarships in Canadian universities that are a good fit for your degree and see if you qualify.
- Approach the scholarship’s financial aid office or search for the information on their websites.
- Check program-specific and University-specific eligibility criteria
- Prepare admissions/scholarship application required documentation
- Submit applications for admissions/scholarships and wait for the interview call letter
- If you receive an admission offer letter then prepare documentation for Canadian Study VISA
- Apply online for your Canadian student visa.
After attaching all required papers, you may submit your scholarship application before the deadline.
Canadian Student VISA Application Process & Requirements:
If you are offered admission into a Canadian University then your next step would be to apply for Canadian Study VISA. This will open the doors of entry to cross the Canadian borders for your next academic journey. Everyone is required to apply for a Canadian Study Permit.
Upon your arrival in Canada, you may be able to submit an application at the port of entry. Make certain that you are aware of the options open to you before proceeding.
If you’re applying for a study permit, whether you’re outside of Canada or currently in Canada, you should submit your application online or visit the Canadian embassy in your country. If you are unable to apply online due to a handicap or a technical issue, you may submit a paper application.
- Apply for a visiting visa online.
- Online application for a study permit
- Apply for a work permit online
Which Documents are required for Canadian Visa?
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Acceptance by a Designated Learning Institution
- Proof of Funds
- Admission Letter Certificate
- Academic Degrees, transcripts, and relevant information
- Passport Size Photographs
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
- English Language Proficiency Exam Score
- Statement of Purpose
- Credit Card
Complete educational documents with an application to study in Canada. A letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution (DLI) to which you will be enrolled. Unless you are a fully vaccinated traveler, students under the age of 18 from outside Canada must study at a DLI with a COVID-19 approved preparation plan.
Admissions in Canada Without IELTS for International Students
It’s possible to study in Canada without taking the IELTS exam in three new ways. Many students who are fluent in English hesitate to accept the IELTS because they are afraid of failing. So, we researched and contacted Canadian Universities about studying without IELTS. Applicants can apply for a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Study in Canada without IELTS if they can provide evidence of their English language skills by providing any IELTS alternative test such as TOEFL, CanTEST, DTE, PTE, Cambridge English Tests, or any other format.
Check the 3 Ways to take admissions to Canadian Universities to Study in Canada without IELTS:
- English Proficiency Certificate
If you have prior English education, this letter can be obtained from your college or university and used to apply for your study permit.
- Find Non-IELTS Universities in Canada.
If you look at the university websites, you will see that some don’t require IELTS.
We’ve compiled a list of some Canadian universities that admit international students without the need for an IELTS test score for admission. More than 2,000 study programmes and numerous scholarships are available in Canada.
Here is the list of Non-IELTS Canadian Universities:
- University of Winnipeg
- McGill University
- Seneca College
- Cambrian University
- Algoma University
- Brock University
- Concordia University
- Finish Your English Language Course in Canada
In order to continue your study in Canada, even if you don’t have an English proficiency certificate or IELTS, you can enroll in an ESL programme (English as a Second Language).
Alternatives to IELTS Accepted in Canada for Admissions:
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language)
- CAE / CPE (Cambridge Test)
- PTE (Pearson English Language Test)
- DET Duolingo English Test (Easy, Affordable, Online from Home)
- CanTest (Canadian Test of English for scholars and Trainees)
- AEPUCE (Academic English Program for University and College Entry)
- CAEL (Canadian assessment of English language)
- CanTest (Canadian Test of English for scholars and Trainees)
- CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program)
List of Scholarships in Canada for International Students in 2023
The following is a list of Canadian scholarships in 2023 available to international students:
1# University of Toronto Scholarships
The University of Toronto provides scholarships for international students, including the President’s Scholars of Excellence Program, which offers full tuition plus living expenses for four years.
The University of Toronto requires a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on another English proficiency test, for admission into most programs.
The University of Toronto has an acceptance rate of 43%. The application fee for the University of Toronto is $120 for international students. The deadline for the University of Toronto’s scholarship is September 2023.
2# University of McGill Scholarships
The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders, the McGill Scholarship for Excellence, and the renewable General Sir John Middleton Scholarships are just a few scholarships available to international students at McGill University.
Entrance Scholarships are offered by the U of McGill.
- One-year Scholarships, valued at $3,000
- Major Scholarships, valued between $3,000 and $12,000
A minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on another English proficiency test, is required for admission into most programs at McGill University.
McGill University has an acceptance rate of 48%. The application fee for McGill University is $122.52 for international students. The McGill University scholarship deadline is September 21, 2023.
3# University of British Columbia Scholarships
The University of British Columbia offers a number of scholarships for international students, See below for famous UBC scholarships.
- Premier Undergraduate & Wesbrook Scholarship (worth $20,000)
- Rhodes Scholarship (worth $5,000)
- John R. Scarfo Wellness Bursary ($2,000)
- UBC Vancouver Technology Bursary (For basic technology requirements)
A minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on another English proficiency test, is required for admission into most programs at the University of British Columbia.
The acceptance rate for the University of British Columbia is 52.4%. The application fee for the University of British Columbia is $129 for international students. The deadline for the University of British Columbia scholarship is from May to August 2023.
4# Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover four years of tuition, books, and living expenses. There are a total of 37 undergraduate scholarships available. As a result of this award, you will be able to attend college for four years at no additional cost.
The acceptance rate for the University of Lester B. Pearson is 37%.
The application fee for the University of Lester B. Pearson is $180 for international students.
The University of Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application deadline is January 17, 2023.
5# University of Winnipeg President Scholarships
The University of Winnipeg is thrilled to announce the establishment of 53 new admission scholarships for international students.
University of Winnipeg Scholarships and Awards:
- The University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships ($5,000)
- The Linda Brown and Vana Kirby Graduate Scholarship ($1000)
- Scholarships for Undergraduates (6 awards of $5,000 each)
The University of Winnipeg requires a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS or TOEFL test, for admission into most programs. The University of Winnipeg has an acceptance rate of 75%.
The application fee for the University of Winnipeg is $120 for international students and $100 for Canadian nationalities. The University of Winnipeg scholarship application deadline is June 1st, 2023.
6# The University of Victoria Scholarships
The University of Victoria grants about 3.5 million dollars in admission scholarships each year. They provide degree programmes scholarships in a variety of subjects to over 21,000 students at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
University of Victoria Scholarships and Awards:
- International Entrance Scholarship ($10,000)
- Vikes International Athlete Scholarship ($40,000 for 4 years)
- International Student Support Awards ($1,000)
A minimum score of 6.0 on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on another English proficiency test, is required for admission into most programs at the University of Victoria.
The acceptance rate for the University of Victoria is 63%. The application fee for the University of Victoria is $15 for all students. The University of Victoria scholarship application deadline is June 1st, 2023.
7# University of Alberta International Scholarships
The Alberta School of Business sponsors $34 million in scholarships, awards, and financial aid to undergraduate students every year. There are more than 200 undergraduate programmes, more than 500 graduate degrees, 250 specializations, and 300 research areas to select from at the university.
Scholarships and awards by the University of Alberta
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship ($120,000 CAD payable over 4 years)
- International Leader Scholarship (Worth’s up to $10,000)
- Gold Standard Scholarship (The top 5% of each faculty might get up to $6, 000)
Most University of Alberta programmes require an IELTS score of 6.5 or an equivalent level on another English language test.
The University of Alberta’s entrance rate is 64%. The application fee for the University of Alberta is $126.50 for international students. The University of Alberta scholarship application deadline is January 12, 2023.
8# University of Canada West Scholarships
University of Canada West Scholarships for international students is offering up to 20,000 dollars toward an undergraduate degree and 10,000 dollars toward a master’s degree for a limited number of scholars.
You can easily apply for these scholarships and awards at the University of Canada West.
- University Canada West Founder’s Scholarship
- University of Canada West Second Language Excellence Scholarship ($2,000)
- Scholarships for Academic Excellence ($6,000)
Entrance to most programmes at the University of Alberta requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or an equivalent result on another English language test.
The University of Canada West has a 64% acceptance rate. For international students, the University of Canada West charges a cost of $126.50 to submit an application. The University of Canada West scholarship application deadline is May 31st, 2023.
9# The University of Ontario Scholarships
The University of Ontario Scholarship is worth $5,000 each session and is available. As a result, recipients may get $10,000 for two consecutive sessions or $15,000 for three consecutive sessions if they participate in the programme.
Scholarships and awards by the University of Ontario
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship ($10,847)
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship ($28,961)
A minimum score of 6.5 and below 6.0 on the IELTS test, or an equivalent score on another English proficiency test, is required for admission.
The acceptance rate for the University of Ontario Scholarship is 83%. The application fee for the University of Ontario Scholarship is $100 for international students. The deadline to apply for the University of Ontario Scholarship is May – December 2023.
10# University of Waterloo Scholarships in Canada
The University of Waterloo scholarship is valued at up to $10,000. If the scholarship is accepted, students will be awarded is worth $2,500 per term and is limited to a maximum of six terms.
Scholarships and awards by the University of Waterloo.
- Awards for black and indigenous students ($5,000 – $20,000)
- General Awards ($1,000 – $3,500)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship ($80,000 – $100,000)
- President’s Scholarship (Admission average of 90% TO 94.9%)
Most University of Waterloo programmes require an IELTS score of 6.5 or a similar level on another English language test.
The acceptance rate for the University of Waterloo Scholarship is 53%. International students are required to pay a $125 application fee to the University of Waterloo. The deadline to apply for the University of Waterloo Scholarship is February – September 2023.
11# University of McMaster Scholarships
The University of McMaster offers scholarships for international students, including the President’s Scholarship, the Vice-President’s Scholarship, and the Dean’s Scholarship.
McMaster University requires a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS (Academic) or equivalent for admission to most programs.
The acceptance rate for McMaster University is approximately 46%. For more information on admission requirements. The application fee for McMaster University is $59. That fee is nonrefundable. The scholarship application deadline date for McMaster University is October 1st, 2023.
12# University of Dalhousie Scholarships
The Dalhousie University Scholarship has almost 2,000 possible entrance prizes. Students who plan to attend Dalhousie in the fall term are eligible for admissions scholarships.
The Dalhousie University requires a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS (Academic) or equivalent for admission to most programs.
The acceptance rate for Dalhousie University is approximately 43%. The application fee for Dalhousie University is $70. The deadline for the Dalhousie University Scholarship is May 1st, 2023.
13# University of Saskatchewan Canada Scholarships
The University of Saskatchewan’s International Scholarship Office offers four different scholarships to study in Canada. Scholarships may be applied to undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
The University of Saskatchewan requires a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS or equivalent for admission to most programs.
The acceptance rate for Saskatchewan University is approximately 58.4%. The application fee for Saskatchewan University is $120. The deadline for the Saskatchewan University Scholarship is September 2023.
14# Montreal University Scholarships in Canada
The University of Montreal provides 600 scholarships to deserving students each year for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral-level study. The Montreal University Scholarships will provide up to $27,300 per year in financial support to qualified students.
Most programmes at the Montreal University require a score of 5.5 on the IELTS or an equivalent.
The acceptance rate for the University of Montreal is approximately 13%. The application fee for the University of Montreal is $100. The deadline for the University of Montreal Scholarship is September 2023.
15# York University Canada Scholarships
The York University scholarship awards students $35,000 each year to help fund the rest of pursuing an undergraduate degree in Canada. As a result, the total amount worth of this award is $140, 00.
A list of some York University scholarships is as under:
- Schulich Leader Scholarships ($80,000 or $100,000)
- York University Renewable Entrance Athletic Scholarship (($4,500 x 5 years)
- President’s Scholarships ($5,400 x 4 years)
Admission to most programmes at York University requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or an equivalent score on another English proficiency test. The average acceptance percentage for students applying to York University is 27%. The deadline for the York University Scholarship is September 2023.
I have a passion to apply for Canadian Scholarship and I want to make it a reality.