Apply for the fully-funded Canadian Undergraduate (Bachelors) Scholarships at the University of Alberta in 2022 for the fall 2022 intake. All applicants can choose two-degree program options, submit required documents, and apply for a bachelor’s degree scholarship at Alberta University.
Why Study at the University of Alberta?
The University of Alberta is among Canada’s top five Canadian universities. It is one of the world’s finest public research institutions, with stellar recognition in the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences. The University of Alberta draws the greatest and sharpest thinkers from all across the world because it is home to world-class facilities like Canada’s National Institute for Nanotechnology and the Li Ka Shing Institute of Virology.
With 18 departments, students can pick from 200 undergraduate programs, 500 graduate degrees, and professional programs. The University of Alberta has the most 3M National Teaching Fellowships in the country, which is Canada’s top reward for undergraduate teaching leadership and quality. With over a century’s history and 250,000 alumni, the University of Alberta is famous worldwide for providing graduates with the necessary abilities to be tomorrow’s visionaries.
The University of Alberta is headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, a lively city with a population of one million people and a significant center for Alberta’s growing energy sector.
UAlberta is ranked 150 globally, with approximately 400 teaching and research connections in 50 nations. Around 7,200 international students are part of the university’s supportive and welcoming community. At our friendly and multicultural campuses, around 40,000 Canadian and overseas students learn in collaboration.
UAlberta Admission Requirements:
International students can apply to all undergraduate programs, and they possess the same curriculum and grade prerequisites as Canadian students. However, the Doctor of Medicine and Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy programs are not included for application from international students.
English Language Proficiency Requirement at UAlberta:
In order to get enrolled at UAlberta, all students must have English Language Proficiency (ELP). Undergraduate candidates must have a reasonable level TOEFL iBT score of 90, with no fewer than 21 on every band or equivalent. The University of Alberta now recognizes the TOEFL iBT Home Edition as well.
There are numerous different options for meeting the English Language Proficiency Requirement, which include IELTS, Duolingo, the Canadian Academic English Language, or the Pearson Test of English Academic.
Scholarships Available for Undergraduate Programs at UAlberta
The University of Alberta manages well over $34 million in undergraduate financial assistance. Scholarships and prizes are available particularly for overseas students.
#1 Admission-based Scholarships
For this one, you don’t have to apply separately. You will only have to normally send in your application for the program that you want, and the university will consider you for a scholarship upon admission acceptance if you meet the eligibility.
- The Gold Standard Scholarship — Based upon the admittance average, the upper 5% of students within every department can receive up to $6,000 in scholarship money.
- University of Alberta International Admission Scholarship — Students who excelled academically in high school can become eligible for a $5,000 scholarship.
- University of Alberta Regional Excellence Scholarship — Applicants with an admittance average of 80% or higher who are studying in Canada on a student visa would be eligible for a $5,000 scholarship. The selection process is entirely dependent on a student’s high school’s geographic location.
#2 Application-based Scholarships
Under the application-based scholarships, the university will evaluate your candidacy by focusing on your educational background, achievements, experiences, hobbies and interests, and other abilities. All you have to do is fill out a single application form.
- President’s International Distinction Scholarship — The President’s International Distinction Scholarship is the University of Alberta’s highly distinguished and competitive award for overseas students, worth $120,000., which is payable over four years. It is to highlight students who have excelled in academics, demonstrated innovation, and are renowned leaders in their school or society.
- International Leader Scholarship — Leaders who are well-rounded and have excelled academically are eligible for a scholarship starting from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Maple Leaf Centenary Scholarship – Students learning in Canada on a student visa who excel academically and demonstrate leadership competencies are awarded up to $20,000 for four years.
#3 Tuition Assurance
As a student from another country or a student already in Canada on a student visa, you will be eligible for a tuition waiver depending on the program you enroll in.
This ensures that your fees will stay the same every year duration of the program you were admitted into. Any additional costs are prone to revision and will be determined annually.
University of Alberta Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
The last date to apply for admissions at the University of Alberta in 2022 is set at June 1, 2022, for the Faculty of Native Studies. Meanwhile, the application deadline is set for May 1, 2022, for the applicants of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences, Augustana Campus applicants, Arts faculty students, and Business school students.