Canadian Visitor VISA 2023 Application Process (Explained)
How to Apply for Canadian Tourist Visa?
Canadian Visitor VISA 2023 – Every year millions of people flock over to the land of opportunities i.e; Canada, to either visit their loved ones, to find jobs on Canadian Work VISA, or to experience the beauty of this country. To visit Canada for a temporary time period, you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Canada Visit Visa.
Canadian Visitor VISA is Issued for the Following Purposes
A Canadian Visit VISA is an official immigration document stamped on your passport by the Canadian immigration office for the purpose of tourism, visit, family visit, holidays, shopping, attending meetings or conference . It signifies that you have met all the requirements to visit Canada for a short time period.
The Canadian Visit VISA is issued for the following purposes if your stay in Canada does not exceed six months:
- Study (like visiting a site for attending a conference or research)
- Participating in events like attending a conference or meeting a client
- Business (like attending a conference or meeting a client)
- Temporary Residence for a family reunion
Can You Work in Canada on Canadian Visit VISA?
Canadian Visit Visa holders are strictly prohibited from engaging in any commercial activity during their stay in Canada. In order to be able to work in Canada, you need to apply for a work permit.
However, there is no law stating that you cannot look for or apply for jobs while you are staying in Canada on a tourist visa. You can also attend in-person interviews. Once you secure a job, you have to go back to your home country and apply for a work permit through the appropriate visa office. You are not eligible to apply for a work permit while residing in Canada on a tourist visa.
Duration of Stay on Canadian Visitor Visa:
Once the visa is issued, you can stay in Canada for a period of six months in total. Under a multiple-entry visa, you can enter multiple times in Canada, while under a single-entry visa, you can only enter the country once and can stay for up to six months.
There is no need to mention the type of visa at the time of application i.e. single or multiple entry visas. All the visa applicants are automatically considered for the multiple entry visa. A single entry visa is issued under only exceptional cases to certain people.
Eligibility to Apply for Canadian Visit Visa:
In order to be eligible to apply for a Canadian Visitor visa, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have sufficient funds/money to support themselves and their dependents stay in Canada.
- Applicants must not have a former criminal record.
- Applicants must possess a valid document of travel i.e. a passport and must be in good health.
- Applicants must be able to persuade the immigration officer that they will leave Canada and travel back to their home countries after their stay in Canada. They can do this by showing strong ties to their home country like having a job, house, or family.
- Applicants must also convince the visa authorities that they will not engage in any commercial activity that is undertaken for remuneration while staying in Canada.
How to Apply for a Canadian Visitor Visa?
Once confirmed, that you are indeed eligible to apply for a Canadian visit/tourist visa, you can submit the visa application online ETA or in person by visiting the Visa Application Center (VAC) of Canada in your home country. Submit all the required documents and the application fee along with the visa application.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the Canadian visitor visa application. Please note that the following list is not exhaustive as certain applicants may be asked to submit some more documents depending upon their profile.
- Financial statements prove that you have enough money to support your stay in Canada.
- A valid travel document i.e. a passport. The passport must have an expiry date of six months or more at the time of application.
- Documents proving that you are tied to your home country and will return back from Canada once your stay is over.
- Medical certificate showing that you are healthy enough to travel to Canada.
- A cover letter covering details like your income source, the purpose of visiting Canada, and your sponsor details (if you have one)
- Applicants planning to stay with their acquaintances in Canada will also have to submit a letter of invitation received from their peers residing in Canada.
Application Fee for Canadian Visitor VISA: $100
All the applicants are required to pay a Canadian Visit visa application fee of 100 CAD per person. Some applicants may be asked to submit their biometric details, which will cost them an additional 85 CAD.
Once your application is administered, you will be asked to pay a passport processing fee of 45 CAD. Start your Canadian Visitor VISA Application here.