China Scholarship Council is in charge of offering Chinese Scholarships Sponsored by the Ministry of Education (MOE) China. The Chinese Scholarship Council accepts online applications for CSC Scholarships for the 2022-2023 batch from all international students for BS, MS, Ph.D., and exchange progams.
China is predicted to be the world’s superpower in the year 2050, succeeding the USA. It has already managed to gain the title of the 2nd largest economy in the world. The whole world is well aware of the growth pace China is progressing with, in each and every field. In these states of affairs, China is the safest place to hold citizenship.
And what better way to start this journey than education. But getting a chance to study at a university in the 2nd most powerful country in the world might seem to be impossible for a few. Not if you follow our instructions and apply for a scholarship through the Chinese Government Scholarship Program 2022. Stick till the end of the article to know all about this prestigious Chinese scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarships 2022: (CSC Scholarships 2022)
The Chinese Government Scholarships 2022 is a CSC scholarship program offered by the government of People’s Republic of China. It offers fully funded education to international students in some of its top-notch and reputable universities. The best part is that the international students don’t have to pass the Gaokao entrance exam which is mandatory for Chinese universities and is considered the toughest entrance exam in the world. This scholarship is active for all the countries in the world.
Significance of Chinese Government Scholarships:
- It enhances international relations of different countries with China.
- Promotion of culture, tourism, education, and trade takes place.
- China is one of the most influential countries of the world in terms of education, so you’re signing yourself up for something big.
- The third world countries can get a chance of development as this scholarship provides career opportunities as well.
Chinese Government Scholarships Entry Criteria:
Following are the minimum requirements for applying for this Chinese CSC scholarship:
- This scholarship is only eligible for international students, this means that local Chinese students cannot apply.
- Candidates applying for undergraduate programs must have a higher secondary certificate. Candidates applying for graduate programs must have a higher secondary certificate along with a 4-year bachelor’s degree. The candidates applying for doctoral programs must have all the above qualifications along with a 2-year graduate degree in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- The age limit for undergraduate candidates is a maximum of 25 years, graduate candidates are maximum of 35 years while doctoral candidates are maximum of 40 years.
- This scholarship will not be awarded to students who already are holders of any other scholarships in China under any scholarship program.
Categorization of Scholarships under Chinese Scholarship Program:
The Chinese Government Scholarship Program has three different categories of scholarships. These categories differ from each other on the basis of allowances and perks. Other than that, the quality of education remains the same among all.
#1 Chinese CSC Scholarship Category A: Fully Funded:
This category is fully funded, hence the majority of candidates thrive to earn this scholarship. It’s the most preferred out of all scholarships. It includes:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Registration fees
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipend (US$ 350-500)
#2 Chinese CSC Scholarship Category B: Partially Funded:
This category comes second on the list in terms of preferability. It includes the following:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Registration fees
- Health insurance
#3 Chinese CSC Scholarship Category C: Nearly Funded:
This type is the least wanted as it does not cover many expenses and is nearly funded. It covers a certain percentage of your tuition fees.
Method of Application for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2022:
The procedure for scholarship application, in this case, is quite lengthy but we’ll explain it to you in a few easy steps:
- First of all, you have to fill the online application form for the Chinese Government Scholarship Program from the official website. Along with filling the form with your personal data, select any three Chinese universities of your choice.
- After filling the application form, you will be asked about the category of scholarship you are willing to go for and the code of the selected universities (the code will be available on the internet).
- Then attach the required documents in PDF form alongside your application.
- Now submit these documents online on the web portal.
- Afterward, you have to download an application form for the selection of university and course.
- Submit an online application on the website of your selected university along with a Chinese Government Scholarship application. (Optional Step)
- Submit the required documents at the university campus. If submitting documents personally is not possible for you, then you can send them.
- results are announced on the official website of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Afterward, the required list of documents for a study visa is put up for selected candidates’ home country.
Deadline of Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 Application:
- The opening date for the Chinese CSC Scholarship application is from November 1, 2021.
- The deadline for the application for the CSC Scholarship is from April 2022.
However, the ending dates of a few registered universities might be different than the above. In such a case, you can check the deadlines on the interested universities’ official website.
Best of luck students!