Time to apply for the fully-funded Chevening Scholarships 2022 to grab an opportunity to study for free in United Kingdom Universities.
Leaders from all across the world can apply to the Chevening Scholarships that are available in the UK. These scholarships let the students earn a master’s degree in the subject area of their choice. Students applying to it must be influential and full of passion. They must possess leadership skills and a drive to serve society. The master’s programs offered by Chevening are for one year.
Chevening Scholarships 2022-2023 Applications:
The Chevening scholarship are fully funded and covers all the educational expenses of the students like their airfare, accommodation tuition, etc. Students are free to focus on their education and pursuing their goals. Recipients of Chevening Scholarships will be able to reside in the UK for one year during which they can experience everything that can make them grow academically. They will develop professional skills and will be a part of a thriving culture.
Allowances and Value of Chevening Scholarships:
The benefits of the Chevening scholarship are as follows:
- Full tuition fee support.
- Economy class travel to and from the recipient’s home country.
- An arrival or settlement allowance
- Coverage cost for application of clearance visa.
- An allowance at the time of departure.
- An allowance of 75 GBP as a contribution to the cost of TB testing. This will be given to those who need it.
- A top-up allowance for travel
- A monthly allowance or stipend for covering living and housing expenses. The rate of it varies depending upon where the scholar is living (inside or outside of London). The stipend will be given around the 21st of each month for the coming month.
Number of Awards:
These Chevening scholarship awards around 1500 Scholarships every year to deserving students.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Chevening Scholarship:
The eligibility criteria for Chevening Scholarships are as follows:
- Students must be from a Chevening-approved country.
- Applicants must be returning to their home countries once the period of their award ends. They must serve in their home countries for at least two years.
- They must have completed their undergraduate degree and all the prerequisites required for them to get admitted into a master’s program in the UK.
- They must possess two years of work experience.
- They must have applied to at least three universities in the UK (ones that are approved by the scholarship program) and must have received an offer letter from at least one of them. The offer letter must have been received before 14th July 2022.
Candidates who are ineligible to apply are;
- British citizens or students who hold dual nationality (one of them being British).
- Refugees in a non-Chevening eligible country even if they are nationals of a Chevening-approved country (if they are holding a refugee status in the country they are staying in). Applicants with refugee status in a Chevening eligible country are still eligible to apply.
- Students who have previously studied in the UK with a scholarship funded by the British Government.
Application Process of Chevening Scholarships:
Interested to apply for the UK Chevening Scholarship? Please carefully go through the steps of filing a UK Scholarship application below in order to successfully submit an application. The application link for the Chevening Scholarship can be found at the end of the article.
- Find your home country in the list of Chevening partner countries.
- Fill the Chevening scholarship application form and submit all the required documents.
- Submit the application before the application deadline. Remember that it takes about eight months from when the applications start getting reviewed after the application deadline to when the applicants get selected for the scholarship. Students are advised to complete their applications well before the deadline and leave some spare time for review and revision.
Required Documents to submit an application for Chevening Scholarships:
- Reference Letters
- Study plan, research proposal
- (SOP) Statement of purpose
- Letter of motivation
- Academic Transcripts
- Intent letter
- Offer letter from at least one of the three universities the applicant applied to.
- Scanned copy of passport or National Identity Card.
- English language test results of the candidates whose first language is not English and who haven’t previously been to an institution that uses English as its primary medium of instruction.
Upload the documents in a PDF format and make sure that no document exceeds 5 MB in size.
Deadline of Chevening Scholarship Application Dates:
The following key points elaborate the timeline of opening, closing, interview, and result announcement dates of Chevening Scholarships Applicants:
- Applications for the Chevening Scholarships opened on 3rd August 2021.
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is 2nd November 2021.
- From November 2021 to February 2022, applications are compared against the eligibility criteria. The scholarship committee and the British embassy assess all the applications and shortlist candidates for the interview phase.
- From 28th February to 29th April, the shortlisted candidates are interviewed.
- In early June, the scholarship results are announced.
- In September or October of 2022, the successful scholars will begin their studies in the UK and will become part of an international network of students.