Fully-funded Scholarships 2023-2024 for International Students
The enrollment for the class of 2023-2024 is announced by many international Universities and Governments. Students will now have an opportunity to apply for fully-funded scholarships without the IELTS requirement abroad. Thousands of scholarships are offered without IELTS/TOEFL requirements abroad and this saves hundreds of dollars for each international student during application procedures.
Did you know that there are plenty of scholarships available for international students that don’t require the IELTS? If you’re an international student looking to study in a foreign country but don’t want to have to take the IELTS, don’t worry!
There are plenty of fully-funded scholarships available that don’t require the IELTS. In this blog post, we will explore some of the top scholarships for international students without the IELTS requirement. So if you’re looking to study abroad but don’t want to take the IELTS, read on for more information!
List of Fully Funded Scholarships Without IELTS Requirement 2023
Now let us dig into the scholarships categorized as per the biggest and most favorite locations of students:
1# Chinese Scholarships 2023-2024
China Scholarship Council’s CSC China Scholarship is one of the most popular international scholarships for students from around the world. IELTS is not needed to apply for Chinese Government CSC Scholarships in most Chinese Universities. There are 270+ Chinese Universities that offer CSC Scholarships to international students each year. CSC Scholarship provides full or partial funding for undergraduate and graduate studies in China. To be eligible for a CSC scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with China
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Have good health
- Have no criminal record
- Not be employed full-time
- Meet the academic requirements of the program they are applying to
2# Japanese MEXT Scholarships
The MEXT scholarship is a Japanese government-sponsored program that provides financial support for international students who wish to study at Japanese universities. There are two types of MEXT scholarships: the Embassy Recommendation Scholarship, which is awarded through the recommendation of a Japanese embassy or consulate, and the University Recommendation Scholarship, which is awarded through the recommendation of a Japanese university.
MEXT scholarships cover tuition fees, monthly stipends, airfare to and from Japan, and other expenses. Scholarships are typically awarded for one academic year but may be renewed for up to five years. To be eligible for a MEXT scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be enrolled in or planning to enroll in a graduate program at a Japanese university
- Have sufficient proficiency in the Japanese language
3# Turkey Government Scholarships
Turkey government scholarships are available for international students who want to study in Turkey. The scholarships are provided by the Turkish government and are available for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies.
The Turkiye scholarships 2023 cover tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses. They are also available for short-term courses. The application process is simple and the scholarship is open to all nationalities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to study in Turkey, then a Turkey government scholarship is a great option.
4# Swiss Government Scholarships
The Swiss government offers scholarships for international students who want to study in Switzerland. These scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate students. The Swiss government also offers scholarships for research programs. IELTS is not required to apply for Switzerland Government Scholarships if any IELTS alternative test is provided by the applicant.
5# Knight Hennessy Scholarships
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is designed to build a multidisciplinary community of Stanford graduate students dedicated to finding creative solutions to the world’s most complex problems. Up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including joint- and dual degrees.
The program is named for its two founders: Philip H. Knight, co-founder and chairman emeritus of Nike, Inc., his wife Penny Knight; and former Stanford Dean of Graduate School James T. Montoya.
Graduate degrees eligible for funding include business (MBA, MSx), earth sciences, education, engineering (MS, Ph.D.), law (JD), medicine (MD), nursing (DNP), and the interdisciplinary field of organizational behavior (Ph.D.).
To be considered for a Knight-Hennessy Scholarship, you must first apply to and be admitted to a degree program at Stanford University before beginning the scholarship application.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is designed to develop a new generation of global leaders with the deep academic grounding and broad cross-disciplinary experience needed to solve the world’s most complex challenges. The program offers up to 100 high-achieving students full funding for three years of study toward any graduate degree at Stanford University, including joint- and dual degrees. Scholarships are awarded based on intellectual vitality, and leadership.
6# KGSP Scholarships 2023-2024
The Korea Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is a competitive scholarship program offered by the Korean government to international students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in Korea. The program aims to promote international exchanges in education and mutual understanding between Korea and participating countries.
Eligible candidates for the KGSP scholarship are those who:
- Are aged between 18-25 years old as of March 1st of the year of application
- Have graduated or will graduate from high school before the date of departure for Korea
- Have not previously studied in Korea under a Korean government-funded program
- Meet the minimum grade requirements set by the Korean Ministry of Education (70% or above for most programs, 80% or above for medicine, dentistry, veterinary science, and pharmacology programs)
- Are in good health both physically and mentally
Interested applicants can find more information on the website of the Korean Embassy or Consulate General in their home country. The application process generally consists of four steps:
- Application Submission: Applicants must submit their completed application forms and required documents to the Korean Embassy or Consulate General by the specified deadline.
- Document Screening: The embassy or consulate will screen all submitted documents to select eligible candidates for an interview.
- Interview: Selected candidates will be interviewed by a panel of experts at the embassy or consulate.
- Final Selection: The final selection of scholars
7# Shanghai Government Scholarships 2023-2024
Shanghai government scholarships are available to international students who want to study in Shanghai. These scholarships are awarded by the Shanghai Municipal Government and cover the full tuition fees for the duration of the student’s studies.
To be eligible for a Shanghai government scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country other than China
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- Have completed high school or equivalent qualifications
- Have good academic performance
- Meet the physical requirements for studying in China
- Have a valid passport
Application procedures for Shanghai government scholarships vary depending on the country of citizenship. For more information, please contact your nearest Chinese embassy or consulate.
8# ADB Japan Scholarships
There are several scholarships available for students who want to study in Japan but don’t have the necessary IELTS score. Here are some of the most popular scholarships:
The Japanese Government Scholarship: This scholarship is offered by the Japanese government and covers tuition, living expenses, airfare, and other costs. Recipients must be enrolled in a full-time degree program at a Japanese university.
The Monbukagakusho Scholarship: This scholarship is also offered by the Japanese government and covers tuition, living expenses, airfare, and other costs. Unlike the Japanese Government Scholarship, recipients of the Monbukagakusho Scholarship can be enrolled in either a short-term or long-term program at a Japanese institution.
The Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation Scholarships: These scholarships are offered by the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation and cover tuition, living expenses, and airfare for one year of study at a British university. Recipients must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
9# Taiwan International Graduate Scholarships
The Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) offers scholarships for international students to pursue a Ph.D. degree in one of the participating institutes in Taiwan. The program aims to promote advanced studies and research, as well as enhance international academic exchanges and cooperation.
Benefits of the scholarship include a full tuition waiver, monthly stipend, airfare subsidy, health insurance, and housing allowance.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country other than Taiwan with a valid passport.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be willing to study in Taiwan for the duration of the program (3-4 years).
- Applicants should have excellent academic records and research potential as evidenced by publications, awards, etc.
- Applicants should demonstrate proficiency in English or Chinese. Those who are not proficient in either language may still apply if they are willing to take language courses during their first year of study.
10# ANSO China Scholarships 2023-2024
There are many Chinese scholarships available for students who want to study in China, but don’t have the IELTS score required by most universities. The ANSO Scholarship is one such option.
The ANSO Scholarship is a need-based scholarship offered by the Association of Chinese Universities and Colleges in South Africa (ANSO). It covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly stipend for students who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programs at participating universities in China.
To be eligible for the ANSO Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a law-abiding citizen of China-friendly countries
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at a participating university in China
- Have a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need and top-class qualification
- Have all required documents for the application
Applications for the ANSO Scholarship are open from 1 March to 30 April each year.