For the next academic admission session, international universities are now accepting scholarship applications in 2023 for various degree levels, and subject options from students. Finding a scholarship these days on the internet is indeed a difficult task. And it is likely that you have been through this struggle.
Expected Funding from Scholarships of International Universities:
Scholarships sponsored by Universities or offered by governments in State-owned Universities are heavily funded. This is why we can expect a few or all of the following listed funding benefits from University Scholarships:
- Partially or fully paid accommodation at dorm; if required
- Monthly funds disbursement for personal student expenses known as a stipend
- Health/sickness insurance of students
- Full or partial sponsorship for tuition, exam, VISA, and application fees
- Expense coverage for books, experiments material, and access to labs & library
- Logistics sponsorship in a few cases
There are a plethora of websites filled with innumerable scholarships; most of which have nothing to do with you. However, in this article we have compiled a list of the most searched university scholarships for you, so you can find the right scholarships to finance your academic future.
List of Universities Scholarships Open for Applications in 2023:
1# Stanford University Scholarships
Stanford is the world’s second-ranked university. Stanford University admits 1,700 new students to its undergraduate program and 100 students to its master’s, doctorate, and MBA programs every year.
Stanford University’s most popular scholarships:
- Influenster’s 2020 Women in STEM scholarship (Worth $1,000)
- Scholarship for UGs in Semiconductor ($500)
- Stanford Engineers in the Arts Scholarship ($500 – $ 1000)
Stanford accepts minimum TOEFL iBT scores of 100, IELTS Academic 7.0, and PTE Academic 68.
The Stanford University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 58%. The application fee for the University of Stanford is $200 for international students. The deadline for the University of Stanford scholarship is October 2023.
2# Harvard University Scholarships
Harvard offers excellent foreign student scholarships. But it’s challenging to get in. Most of the financial aid available to Harvard students is administered by the universities.
- Harvard University Undergraduate Scholarship ($12,000)
- Harvard postgrad scholarships
- The Michel David-Weill Scholarship ($80,000)
- Harvard University Life Science Scholarship ($95,000)
There should be a minimum IELTS score band of 7.5 for the Harvard University Scholarship. IELTS is not required for admission to Harvard University if PTEA with a 70 score, TOEFL iBT, or DET with a 125 score is available.
The Harvard University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 55%. The application fee for the University of Harvard is $75 for international students. The deadline for the University of Harvard scholarship is January 2023.
3# Massachusetts Institute of Technology Scholarships
Massachusetts Scholarships are frequently offered based on academic achievement. Massachusetts universities offer a total of 35 scholarships.
The three best Scholarships by Massachusetts University:
- MIT Scholarships for undergrads and postgrads
- Atlantic Aviators Aviation Scholarship (Worth $1000)
- Edward Bangs Kelley and Elza Kelley Foundation Scholarships ($100 to $3,000)
- Massachusetts Public Service Grant Program ($2,500)
A minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS test or equivalent on another English proficiency test is required. But in case IELTS is not available then the following tests are also accepted by MIT:
The Massachusetts University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 26.1%. The application fee for the University of Massachusetts is $75 for international students. The application deadline for the University of Massachusetts scholarship is November 2023.
4# University of Michigan Scholarships
Michigan Scholarship grants vary from $10,000 per year for in-state students to $20,000 per year for out-of-state students, with in-state students receiving the majority of the awards. They are valid for four years of undergraduate education and are renewed.
- 10,000 Degrees Undergraduate Scholarships (Value of $500 to $5,000)
- The University of Michigan Merit, Undergrad, postgrad, and freshmen scholarships
- ACS Scholars Program ($2,500 – $5,000)
- AHLEF Graduate Scholarship ($5,000)
A minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS test or equivalent on another English proficiency test is required. As an alternative to IELTS, Michigan accepts DET, TOEFL, and PTE certificates.
The Michigan University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 26%. The application fee for the University of Michigan is $65 for international students. The deadline for the University of Michigan scholarship is November 1st, 2023.
5# University of Phoenix Scholarships
There are eleven full-tuition scholarships available to eligible students at the university. Each scholarship will allow prospective student to pursue their degree at Phoenix University.
University of Phoenix Scholarships:
- Phoenix Bachelor’s Scholarship (Worth up to $1,000)
- Freshmen Scholarships at Phoenix University
- EANGUS Future Phoenix Scholarship ($500)
- Forever A Phoenix Bachelor’s Scholarship ($2,000)
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must take the IELTS examination and should secure a minimum 6.5 score. Phoenix University also accepts TOEFL as an IELTS alternative.
Phoenix University has an acceptance rate of 26%. The application fee for the University of Phoenix is $80 for international students. The deadline for the University of Phoenix scholarship is April 2023.
Cambridge University is the best in business courses and consistently grants scholarships and rewards to deserving students. Cambridge University also offers Gates Cambridge scholarships alongside third-party and campus-sponsored scholarships.
A minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS test or equivalent on another English proficiency test is required. An alternative to IELTS at Cambridge includes TOEFL, Cambridge English, DET, and PTE.
The Cambridge University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 21%. The application fee for the University of Cambridge is $75 for international students. The deadline for the University of Cambridge scholarship is October 15th, 2023.
7# Columbia University Scholarships
Columbia University is renowned for its academic excellence and prolific research output. Each year, Columbia offers more than $150 million in scholarships and fellowships from various sources.
List of University of Columbia Scholarships:
- Clifford and Siegfried Upton Scholarship (Worth $1,000)
- Vladimir and Olga Poder Fund (Worth $2,000)
- Paul Nicholas Scholarship Fund ($500)
The Columbia University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 14%. A minimum score of 7.5 is necessary for admission to Columbia. Columbia only accepts the IELTS, TOEFL iBT, and DET as entrance exams for undergraduate admission.
The application fee for the University of Columbia is $85 for international students. The deadline for the University of Columbia scholarship is October 4th, 2023.
8# Open University Scholarships
The Open University scholarships cover the total or partial tuition cost of undergraduate or postgrad degree courses with university or state-sponsored financial aid grants. A few of the popular Open University scholarships are:
- Open University Freshmen Scholarships
- National Merit Semifinalist Scholarship $16,000 ($4,000 x 4 years)
- Distinguished Scholar $12,000 ($3,000 x 4 years)
- Award of Excellence $16,000 ($4,000 x 4 years)
Open University accepts these IELTS alternative tests as well.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Cambridge Advanced English Test (CAE)
- Pearson English Language Tests (PTE)
The Open University scholarship has an acceptance rate of 30%. The application fee for the Open University scholarship is $75 for international students. The deadline for the Open University scholarship is December 2023.
9# Anna University Scholarships
Anna University has partnered with European universities through Erasmus Mundus’s Heritage initiative to grant scholarships to Indian students studying at European universities.
Most demanded Scholarships by Anna University.
- IAL Research Grants For Doctoral Studies (Value of $100,000)
- Anna University Merit-based, Freshmen and degree Scholarships
- HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships ($450,000)
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program ($1,000 – $10,000)
Anna University accepts a range of English language qualifications DET, PTEA, and TOEFL, as alternatives to IELTS.
The Anna University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 29%. The application fee for the University of Anna is $55 for international students. The deadline for the University of Anna scholarship is December 2023.
10# University of Calicut Scholarships
The University of Calicut awards merit-based financial aid to deserving students. If a student meets the university’s specified requirements, they may be eligible for a scholarship
The university accepts TOEFL, PTE, CAEL, MELAB, and YELT scores as IELTS alternatives.
The Calicut University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 25%. The application fee for the University of Calicut is $150 for international students. The deadline for the University of Calicut scholarship is December 2023.
11# University of California Los Angeles Scholarships
In addition to offering up to 100 Regents scholarships each year to entering and transfer students, UCLA has around 500 Regents Scholars enrolling at the university at present.
- Regents Merit-Based Scholarship (Worth up to $5,000 – $20,000)
- The University of California Merit, and freshmen Scholarships
- Ellen and Roger Revelle Scholarship (Up to $10,000 – $2,500)
- James Avery Scholarship ($4,000)
The California University accepts TOEFL, PTE, and Duolingo English Tests as IELTS alternatives.
The California University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 27%. The application fee for the University of California is $70 for international students. The deadline for the University of California scholarship is November 30th, 2023.
New York University and its 24 colleges and institutions offer over 1,000 scholarships, honors, and unique program opportunities. Our first-year students’ average scholarship award is now approximately $30,000.
New York University Scholarships & Grants:
- New York University Scholarships
- State Scholarship and Grant Programs
- Scholarships and Grants From Other Organizations
- Federal Grant Programs
The New York University accepts PTE/Duolingo/Cambridge English Scale Test as IELTS alternatives.
The New York University Scholarship has an acceptance rate of 40%. The application fee for the University of New York is $90 for international students. The deadline for the University of New York scholarship is February 2023.