DAAD in Germany is now accepting DAAD Scholarships online applications for the batch of 2023-2024 from international students to give them an opportunity to study for free in Germany. DAAD Scholarships is a well-known scholarship for its numerous benefits for international students.
Candidates who are looking forward to completing their post-graduate and graduate degrees with 100% funding should not miss this great opportunity. Every year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports well over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
DAAD scholarships are aimed primarily at graduates, doctoral students, and postdoctoral and are awarded for study and research visits to universities and non-university research institutions in Germany. In some programs, internships are also funded.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
Skilled professionals are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education, and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years of professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Funding Sponsorship Benefits of DAAD Scholarships 2023:
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for DAAD Scholarships:
- Candidates must fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates must have at least two years of professional experience
- Candidates should be able to prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- Applicants are required to submit an English language proficiency certification in case of requesting an IELTS exemption.
Application Process of German DAAD Scholarships 2023-2024:
Please follow the following set of measures to submit your application for the fully-funded Germany Government Sponsored DAAD Scholarship in 2023:
- Candidates must fill out the application form online from the official website of the DAAD scholarships.
- All the required documents must be attached to the application form.
- Candidates can apply for the scholarship directly.
- In the scholarship database, first, select your chosen scholarship program and then the tab “Submit application”.
Documents Required to Apply for DAAD Scholarships:
The following set of documents are required to apply for DAAD Scholarships:
- An officially certified copy of your higher education entrance qualification
- Certified copies of your previous higher education certificates
- The research proposal in order to propose your innovative idea
- A passport photograph
- A photocopy of your passport
- Scholarship CV and cover letter
- The study plan to make yourself project as a scheduled student
- Certified copies of language certificates
- Motivation Letter enlisting key points on why you are applying for this funding
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Two original Recommendation Letters by previous professors
- Letter of intent (LOI)
Deadline to Apply for DAAD Scholarships: March 15, 2023
The Application Deadline to Apply for the German DAAD Scholarships for the batch of 2023 is 15th March 2023.
At most higher education institutes, the application phase for the next semester starting in September/October 2023 begins in early January 2023 and ends on 15th March 2023. For the summer semester starting in March/April, the application period runs from early December to 15th January.