Submit online applications now for the New Zealand Government Scholarships for the class of 2023-2024 available to international students by the New Zealand Ministry of Education (MOE). In this article, we will explain how you can apply for the New Zealand Scholarships. We will share insights on how these New Zealand Government Scholarships will change and enrich your life with a promising career.
Studying in New Zealand will not only provide you with a degree but also the experience of developing your mind to enjoy the relaxed Kiwi lifestyle and culture, which has the potential to shape your life in the most enriching ways. New Zealand Scholarships are open to all international students for all degree programs; Bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D.
Types of New Zealand Government Scholarships:
The government of New Zealand offers scholarships to eligible citizens from developing countries to study for free at Universities situated in New Zealand. We have compiled the following list of all the NZ Gov scholarships open for applications by New Zealand’s Government institutions for international students:
#1 New Zealand Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study
These are full tertiary NZ scholarships for eligible international students to study full-time at a New Zealand education institution.
#2 New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens
These are short scholarships for skills training and on-the-job work experience for workers from eligible Pacific countries and from Timor-Leste.
#3 New Zealand Short Term Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste
These are short scholarships for skills training for workers from eligible Southeast Asian countries and from Timor-Leste.
#4 New Zealand English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)
These are short scholarships for government officials from eligible African and Asian countries to come to New Zealand for English language training.
New Zealand Government Scholarship Coverage Plan:
- Funded allowance for lodging
- Sponsorship for monthly living stipends
- Health insurance covered
- Full academic tuition fee waiver
- Funding to participate in conferences
- Educational materials cost provided
- Return airfare tickets
New Zealand Government Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
- You must complete the eligibility questionnaire from the website before you can apply for a Scholarship.
- To apply for a full New Zealand Scholarship, you must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship
- Only people who successfully get a New Zealand Scholarship need to apply for a student visa. But all applicants should check if they are likely to meet the student visa requirements before applying for a scholarship.
- Successful scholarship applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution.
- Postgraduate scholarship applicants or applicants, who finished high school a few years ago, must have relevant work experience.
Documents Needed for New Zealand Scholarship Application:
The application for the New Zealand Government Scholarship is accompanied by the required list of academic certifications and other relevant documents. Students find it extremely difficult to arrange all those documents ahead of time in proper shape and order.
So, this guide of ours will help you to start preparing your Scholarship Application Documents for New Zealand’s Government Financial Aid Program. Please pay attention to this scholarship application document checklist prior to starting the online application process for New Zealand’s Scholarship:
- A certified copy of the personal pages of your passport (or an alternative form of photo identification if you do not hold a passport).
- Certified copies of your academic transcripts and completion certificates (in English) for all qualifications you have completed or are completing (where applicable), including the grade assessment schedule used at each institution.
- Where available, certified copies of your International English proficiency test results, such as International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), from within the last 18 months; or
- Scholarship CV (In English)
- a current job description stating your position title and outlining your responsibilities and duties, if you are employed (in English).
- The research proposal in order to propose your innovative idea
- Motivation Letter enlisting key points on why you are eligible for New Zealand Scholarships
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Two original Recommendation Letters by previous professors
- A valid copy of the passport
- Intent Letter
- English Proficiency Certificate
Steps to Submit New Zealand Scholarship Application:
All the international students are suggested to follow the following listed steps in order to submit their New Zealand Scholarships Applications successfully:
- Click the link given at the end of this article to land on New Zealand’s Scholarship application site
- Select your region to find the country-specific scholarship application process from their site
- Go to the online application system and create an account
- Select the country and scholarship type you want to apply for
- Fill out the application form for the New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Attach the required documents with the application form
- The online application form is only available between the opening and closing dates for your country.
- Proofread your New Zealand Scholarship Application form prior to submission
- Submit your application form and wait for the final results for New Zealand Scholarships
Application Deadline for New Zealand Scholarships: 5 October 2023
The application deadline for New Zealand Scholarships for the intake of 2023-2024 depends on the country you live in. For Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau), Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa (Open Category), Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, the deadline is 5th October 2023.