Take admission to German Hamburg University on scholarships without IELTS in 2022 for the batch of 2022-2023. Hamburg is one of the notable universities of Germany, the University of Hamburg, has announced numerous fully/partially funded scholarships for German and international students.
Applications are currently open for the intake session of 2023 in Hamburg. Check out the eligibility criteria with the list of required documents and apply before the due date to avoid any inconvenience during the application process as explained in this article.
This hundred years old German university has produced many renowned professors and young researchers, helping society in every possible way. On the other hand, Hamburg University is doing a remarkable job in the educational field by giving valuable scholarships to the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degree students enrolled in the diverse courses. Approximately 170-course programs are available for the students in which they can take admission with no tuition fee costs.
List of Course Fields offered by the Hamburg University:
There are a variety of options in which interested students can pursue higher education and turn their dreams into realities, for instance;
- Business Administration
- Human Movement
- Natural Sciences
Funding Plan of Hamburg University Scholarships:
Dozens of applauding & valuable scholarships benefits are available for the awarded candidates. Such Academic funding will help these students at every step of their educational journey.
- Monthly stipends of €850 to €1,200
- Supplementary allowance for the child of €154
- Travel costs coverage
- Study Material, Research, & Book cost funding
- Political & DAAD funding for international trips
- Career development chances for the young researchers
- Living Expenses
- Free Language Course, Internships, Technical courses
- A fully-funded mini-study tour abroad
- Health insurance
- Coverage of German courses cost
IELTS Requirement at University of Hamburg: Optional
In order to apply for admission at Hamburg University; an applicant either needs IELTS or CPE, TOEFL, CEFR B2+, or CAE. So, technically applicants can apply for admission at Hamburg University without IELTS if an IELTS alternative cert is available.
English Language Requirement at Hamburg University:
As it is a German University, most of the courses here conduct in the German Language. But, no worries because the instruction medium for some of the courses at the University of Hamburg is also English. So, the course programs here are either taught in English/German or a combination of both languages.
Language Proficiency Requirements at the Hamburg University:
No matter which degree the students are pursuing, like Undergraduate, Graduate, or Postgraduate, they all have to fulfill the language proficiency requirements asked by the University of Hamburg. Applied aspirants have to submit the German Language certificates & language tests scores to prove their German-speaking and understanding skills.
However, Hamburg University also asked for the English language test scores, like IELTS & TOEFL, to check the potency of candidates over the English language. The IELTS & TOEFL are the commonly approved tests to assess the English skills of applied candidates.
Acceptable Language Tests and Certificates by the University of Hamburg:
Hamburg University has announced the list of particularly acceptable language certificates and tests to check the language proficiency of the applied candidates for chosen degree programs.
- TOELF iBT
- TELC language certificates C1 / C2
- Level II German-language certificate of the Standing Conference
- Level DSH-2 or DSH-3 to prove German Language Proficiency
- Advanced German language skills certificate (Goethe-Zertifikat)
- German language exam II
- Austrian German-Language Diploma
- UNIcert German language certificates of Level III or IV
Acceptance Rate of the Hamburg University: 18%
Securing admission at the University of Hamburg is quite challenging due to the low acceptance rate, i.e.; 18%. Hence, to become eligible for this institution, candidates must buckle up and work hard as much as possible.
Admission Application Fees of the Hamburg University: Euro 75
While applying for admissions at the prestigious Hamburg University, candidates are directed to submit the Euro 75 as a non-refundable application fee to get their application considered.
Eligibility Criteria for the Hamburg University Scholarships:
To abide by the eligibility requirements needed for the Hamburg University scholarships, the candidates must check the following criteria:
- The candidates must not hold German citizenship.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the relevant degree program for a minimum of two semesters while applying for the scholarships
- The applied aspirants must not be entitled to the Federal Student Loan Scheme
- Good and Satisfactory Academic Performance
- Students must abide by the status of the financial requirement to win the scholarship
- Students must be able to stay in Hamburg till the funding period
Notable Scholarships offered by the Hamburg University:
Like we said above, the University of Hamburg believes in providing education to all irrespective of nationality and financial status differences. Students enrolled in multiple degree programs like Undergrad, Grad, Postgrad, or Research can opt for the following Hamburg University Scholarships.
- Hamburg University Merit Scholarships
- State Graduate Funding Program Scholarships
- Fellowship at the Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte
- Aby Warburg Fellowships
- DAAD Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Exchange Program
- Doctoral Scholarships
- Hilde Domin Program
- Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law Scholarships
- Degree Completion Grants and Scholarships
- The Largest Germany Scholarships
- Hamberglobal Funding Program
Admission Application Process of the Hamburg University:
The admission process for applying at the reputable Hamburg University is completely online.
- In the first step, interested applicants must log in to the official website to apply for admission into the desired degree program, like Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D., or Research Programs.
- Set up the applicant account to fill the required fields in the form.
- However, the username and password of the applicant’s account will be mailed to the students.
- After this, start filling in the required information about the nationality, higher qualification, etc.
- Once you are done with the form, click “apply” to get your application number. That number will aid in tracking the process and status of the application.
- Lastly, check the application summary, if it is correct, press “Submit” to send the application to the concerned authorities.
- Also, get the print of your online application. Send the mentioned set of documents with this to the application address. While applying for the Undergrad programs, no paper documents are needed. Only upload them with the online application.
- After getting admission into the chosen field, candidates can now opt for Hamburg’s scholarship programs.
Documents needed to apply for the Hamburg University Scholarships:
Following is the list of required documents that one has to attach while applying for the scholarships at the Hamburg University:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation Letter for scholarship
- Academic Transcripts & Certificates
- German & English Language Test Scores, Diplomas, & Certificates
- Higher Qualification certificates for the Undergrads
- Master’s and Ph.D. students will submit their final certificates.
- Evaluation forms from the senior and junior professors
- Research Proposal or Study Plan Documents must be in the PDF format
- Bank Statements as a proof
- Residency Status
- Social and Intercultural activities proof
Application Deadlines of Hamburg University:
All the candidates must submit the Admission Application at the Hamburg University admission office by:
- For Summer semester: December 1st to January 15th
- For Winter semester: June 1st to July 15th
- For Master’s degree (International): June 15th to July 31st