Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023-2024
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023-2024 is a professional training program. It doesn’t issue you any degree or certificate, but it gives you training in your specific field. It works to create leaders in every field. The USA is providing Hubert Humphrey fellowship opportunities for professionals from developing countries to join this program and serve their communities. This Humphrey program takes about one year. More than 40 universities in the US are hosting the program and 150 professionals receive professional training each year.
The U.S. Embassy nominates candidates for this program based on their professionalism, leadership qualities, and commitment to community service. They form groups of fellows according to their field and universities provide training in that particular field. It is a fully funded program and covers all expenses of its fellows. It provides them with travel expenses, textbook allowance, medical allowance, and all living expenses during the program. This is an excellent opportunity for all international professionals to train their skills in the renowned universities of America.
All international applicants who wish to polish their skills through this program are required to have at least five to fifteen years of experience in their specific fields.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Benefits
This scholarship program offers many benefits to its fellows. Some benefits of the Humphrey Fellowship are mentioned here.
- This program covers the applicant’s tuition fees.
- It also covers the university fees of the students, who will be studying these professional programs.
- It also ensures to provide English language training to international applicants if needed.
- It provides a living allowance to all applicants.
- It also provides health allowance to applicants.
- It provides all the textbooks required by the applicants during this program.
- It provides a one-time computer subsidy during the course.
- It covers air tickets to and from the USA for international applicants for this program.
- It also provides travel allowance during program-related travel.
- It provides professional development allowances for attending professional visits, tours, and conferences.
Courses Offered Under Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship
Professionals from the following fields are eligible for this program.
- Rural Development and Agriculture
- Natural Resources, Climate Change, and Environmental Policy
- Human Rights and Law
- Technology Management and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Prevention and Policy
- Economic Development
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Public Administration and Public Policy Analysis
- HR Management
- The Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Substance Abuse Prevention, Education and Treatment
- Finance and Banking
- Trafficking in Persons Prevention and Policy
- Educational Administration, Policy and Planning
- Public Health Management and Policy
Eligibility Criteria for Humphrey Fellowship
To apply for the Humphrey Fellowship program, there are a few requirements that the applicant must meet. These requirements are mentioned here
- An international applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must have professional experience of at least five years.
- The applicant also needs to have limited or no prior experience of work in the USA.
- The applicant also needs to have leadership qualities to join this program.
- The applicant has to provide proof of public service in society.
- The applicant must meet English language skills.
- If an international applicant meets all the above requirements, he is eligible to apply for this program.
Documents Required for Application:
The following documents are required to attach to Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program’s application form.
- Transcripts of all certificates are required.
- Proof of English Language skills is required for this program.
- Two Recommendation letters are required (one must be from the current employer).
- Original Valid ID is required.
- Research Proposal
- A personal photo is required.
Application and Selection Process of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship:
The Humphrey Fellowship Program for the session is open from 2023-2024 now. The applicants have to follow these steps to apply for this program.
- Go to http://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey.
- You have to create an account with your personal basic information ( Email address, First & Last name, date of birth, etc. )
- Now apply online through this account and fill out the application form with all requirements.
- You can access your Slate application at http://portal.iie.org.
After the online submission application, an selection process will be followed by the US Embassy.
Step 1: National Screening
US Embassy reviews applications and invites selected applicants for interviews and forwards these students for further selection to the Institute of International Education.
Step 2: Screening by the IIE
IIE scans all nominated applications and forwards them for further consideration to CRC.
Step 3: Candidate Review Committee (CRC)
This committee decides the applicants in December and sends the selected list of candidates to the approval panel.
Step 4: Approval by FSB
Step 4: The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) takes a final decision about selected candidates for Humphrey Fellowship.
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Deadline: October 1, 2023
The application submission process for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program is open now. The deadline for the program is different for every country. The internal application deadline for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is 1st October 2023.