Online applications for the Irish Government PG Scholarships 2023-2024 for Research, Doctoral, and structured research MS degrees are currently open. International applicants from all disciplines are welcome and submit their applications in Irish or English for the intake session of 2023-2024. Meanwhile, selected scholars will enjoy unlimited perks till the scholarship duration ends.
Benefits Promised by the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships:
As stated above, the government of Ireland is making all possible efforts to help potential overseas researchers in a maximum way. For this reason, winners of this Irish Government scholarship will be entitled to the following benefits:
- €18,500 as a yearly stipend
- Tuition fee coverage
- €3,250 as research funds/year
- Individual prestigious awards for the outstanding performance of scholars
- A contribution to the non-European union fees up to €5,750/ annum
Brief Information About Ireland Government Postgraduate Award:
It is a funded scholarship program with the joint effort of the Irish government and various partnered funding organizations, like Foreign Affairs, Agency for Environment Protection, Met Éireann, & Department of Higher Education. That program aims to enhance the skills and expertise of future researchers who can benefit society with their research activities.
Additionally, this Ireland scholarship allows the applicants to grab the golden opportunity and complete their Postgraduate degrees or Research Programs for free in Ireland, covering maximum financial and academic expenses.
Available Degrees & the Duration for PG Scholarships by Ireland Govt:
The PG research scholarship is open for the following degree programs, mentioned with the scholarship’s duration:
- 2 years for Structured Research MS Degree
- 1 year for Master’s Research Degree
- 3 years for a Simple Doctoral Degree
- 4 years for Structured Doctoral Degree
Fields Open for Postgraduate Research Scholarship by Ireland:
Applicants pursuing the above-stated degrees in the following fields can apply for the scholarship:
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Health Sciences
Irish Universities Offering Ireland PG Scholarship Award:
Following are the universities granting postgraduate Research Scholarship in cooperation with the Irish government:
- Technological University Dublin
- Atlantic Technological University
- Munster Technological University
- University College Dublin
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- University of Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National University of Ireland
- Trinity College, and others.
Eligibility Criteria for Ireland Research Scholarship Program:
Interested individuals who want to apply for this valuable scholarship must check the below-listed eligibility criteria before proceeding with the application process:
- Applicants of all ages and nationalities can apply.
- Applicants must have cleared the online quiz test before going for the application.
- Applicants must be associated with the affiliated Irish higher education institutions.
- Submitted applications must be in English or Irish language only.
- Applicants must hold a BS degree for MS applications and a Master’s degree for Ph.D. applications.
- English fluency is significant for all applicants.
- While applying for PG Research scholarships, not more than two previous applications should be rejected.
- Applicants must not be utilizing any other Irish Research Scholarship by the Council while applying for MS / Ph.D. degree awards.
Application Process for Irish Research PG Scholarship:
The application process is online, and applicants can submit their applications via the official site. Create an account, fill out the fields with the required information & attach the required documents, like admission letter, acceptance letter, academic transcripts, etc. Then, click the button “submit”, after this, applicants will receive an email regarding application submission. Now, wait for the results that will announce by the end of March 2023.
Application Deadline Ireland Government Scholarship: Oct 20, 2022
The application deadline is open since September 8, 2022. Meanwhile, the closing date is October 20, 2022.