KAAD Scholarships 2023 to Study for free in Germany!
German KAAD Scholarships Online Applications Accepted
German KAAD Scholarships for the class of 2023 are currently open for applications for postgraduate International students. The applications window for KAAD Scholarships will be closing on 30th June. It is a great opportunity for students looking to complete their postgraduate degrees at prestigious universities in Germany free of cost.
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, as well as Eastern and South-Eastern Europe.
The KAAD supports its scholars in form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries. This is based on cooperation with partner committees and associations of alumni in those countries and it aims at setting up (scientific) networks and at contributing to a holistic development, which includes religious and inter-religious dimensions.
2023 KAAD Scholarships Types:
- KAAD Scholarship Type 1
KAAD Scholarship Type 1 is addressed to post-graduates and to academics living in their home countries who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, and staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
- KAAD Scholarship Type 2
In KAAD Scholarship Type 2 we sponsor advanced foreign students from developing countries who are already enrolled in a German university. Scholarship candidates must be proposed by the corresponding Campus Ministry.
- KAAD Eastern-Europe Scholarships Program
The KAAD Eastern-Europe Scholarships Program – also administered by regional partner committees – focuses mainly on shorter study or research stays in Germany. Normally we expect applicants to reside in their home countries at the time of applying to KAAD through the regional partner committee.
Sponsorship Coverage of KAAD Scholarships:
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Accommodation allowance is provided
- Complete travel expense in covered by KAAD Scholarships
- Conference participation sponsorships
- Medical facilities coverage
- Expense for buying literature
Eligibility Criteria for KAAD Scholarships:
For the scholarship Type 1 of KAAD, you can apply if you:
- Come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America and are currently living there
- Have a university degree and professional experience in your home country
- Want to acquire a master’s degree or a Ph.D. at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- Applicant must be Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue and possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
You can apply for the scholarship Type 2 of KAAD if you:
- Come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America
- Are already studying at a German University and you are still studying for at least 10 months
- Want to acquire a master’s degree or a Ph.D. at a German university (applicants for master’s programs may present their documents as early as during the final semester of their bachelor’s programs)
- Are a Catholic Christian (or – particularly for candidates from the Middle East – belong to another Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
- Possess German language skills (at least general communication level)
You can apply for the Eastern European Program if you
- are a candidate from a country in Middle-East and Southeast Europe, from a Caucasian Country or Central Asia
- have good German language skills
- are Catholic Christian (or generally belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue.
Documents Requirement for KAAD Scholarship Application:
The following documents are required to complete KAAD Scholarships applications:
- Complete set of academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Copy of valid passport
- Scholarship CV and cover letter
- The study plan to ensure you are a regular and scheduled student
- Recommendation Letters
- Letter of Motivation to explain why KAAD Scholarships should accept your application
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Intent
Application Process for KAAD Scholarships:
- From the KAAD Scholarships website (Link given at the end of this article), download the application form.
- Fill out all the mandatory sections of the application forms.
- Attach all the required documents in the application form.
- Applicants would get a questionnaire which they have to fill and submit online.
Deadline for KAAD Scholarships: June 30, 2023
There is no deadline to submit an application for a German KAAD Scholarships program in 2023 but you need to make sure that your application with complete documents must be submitted soon in order to maximise chances of your selection.