The Malaysian Government has just newly announced the latest opening of Malaysian Government Scholarships 2023-2024 for the international students of ASEAN countries. All those students looking forward to being a part of this Malaysia scholarship can apply till October 30, 2022.
Malaysian Sponsored Scholarship programs are an excellent initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract students from all over the world for pursuing advanced studies in Malaysia. The primary purpose of this Malaysian scholarship is to motivate and retain all talented students toward a brighter and more prosperous future.
If you have an excellent academic background and are equally best in extra-curricular activities, then don’t miss the opportunity to apply for this scholarship right now. Avail of this opportunity to study in the top leading Malaysian public or selected private universities.
Malaysian Scholarships Coverage Package
Applicants applying for this scholarship should first investigate the approximate living expenses in Malaysia. Most malaysian scholarships will cover monthly living allowances and tuition fees, travel or ticket expenses, accommodation, and Study VISA expenses.
How Can You Apply for the Malaysian Government Scholarship?
You can apply for the Malaysian scholarship via the Malaysian embassy situated in your home country after receiving an admission offer letter from Malaysian University.
- Search for a degree option available as per your choice at Malaysian University
- Make sure if any Malaysian scholarship is offered for chosen degree option
- Check eligibility criteria for chosen degree option
- Prepare a list of application documents required by Malaysian University for admission
- Submit scholarship/admission application at Malaysian University
- Wait for final results, and upon receiving an admission/scholarship offer letter; apply for Malaysian Study VISA
The list of essential documents that need to be attached to the online Malaysian scholarship form is:
- Malaysian Scholarship Application form
- Certified copy of your academic transcript
- Certified copy of your valid Passport as evidence document of your nationality
- Record of all courses you have studied so far in your degree program
- Transcript copy of undergraduate studies
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Certified copy of your English Language Proficiency
- Endorsement form
- Research proposal or study plan
- Admission letter of specific Malaysian University (if asked)
- Curriculum Vitae, Letter of intent, Motivation Letter, or SOP
Eligibility Requirements for the Malaysian Government Scholarships
To successfully apply for this Malaysian scholarship, the applicant has to fulfill the below-mentioned requirements:
- For a Master’s degree, the age limit is 40, and 45 for a Ph.D. degree.
- To apply for the Master’s degree, the minimum CGPA should be 3.5 for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- For the Ph.D. degree, an applicant can only apply if their CGPA is 3.5 in a master’s in a similar field they are applying for.
Malaysian Scholarships Without IELTS in 2023:
You can apply for admission and scholarships in Malaysian Universities without IELTS if you hold valid English Language Proficiency proof as explained below
Evidence of English Language Proficiency
The applicant must submit a scanned copy of the original English Language Proficiency. Hence, this includes either IELTS with a total of 6.5 Bands, Duolingo, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 580. Candidates who are obtaining degrees with English as the medium of instruction can also apply. The written research proposal should be of at least 1,000 words in the relevant field.
Courses Offered by the Malaysian Government Scholarships
High priority is given to the below-mentioned areas of study:
- Science and Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Information and Communication Technology
Malaysian Government Scholarships List of Universities
Following is the complete list of all the Malaysian Universities that sponsor Malaysian Government Scholarships for all international students each year:
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
Opening & Closing Dates of Malaysian Scholarships
The last date to apply for the Universiti Malaya Financial Aid program is October 30, 2022. Whereas, the application deadline for the Universiti Malaya Excellence Ph.D. scholarship is October 30, 2022.
- Deadline: Open all year
- Opening date: September 1, 2022
- Category: Scholarships in Asia
- Type: Fully Funded
- Location: Malaysia
If you want to study under the best educational institutions of Malaysia and get higher studies, then apply for this golden scholarship opportunity right now without wasting your time. This scholarship is announced just once a year, so make sure you don’t miss this chance. Apply for it now!