Melbourne Research Scholarships 2022-2023 are being awarded by the University of Melbourne to domestic and international students. These Melbourne scholarships are for students who are pursuing a master’s or Ph.D. level research-based program at the University of Melbourne. Approximately 350 scholarships are going to be awarded this year.
This is an entrance award that offers a full tuition fee waiver and a stipend to its recipients. There is no separate application required for this scholarship. Students entering into a master’s by research or a doctoral program at the University of Melbourne will automatically be considered for this award. There is no limitation of subject areas either.
Coverage Allowances of Melbourne Research Scholarship:
- The scholarship offers a full tuition fee waiver or offset for the whole duration of the recipient’s study program, which will be up to two years for master’s level candidates and up to four years for Ph.D. level candidates.
- A living allowance of 31,200 will be provided to all the recipients on a yearly basis. This living allowance will be allocated for two years to master’s degree students and for up to 3.5 years to doctoral candidates.
- A relocation allowance of about 2,000 USD will be given to students coming from the USA or outside of Victoria, Australia.
- A relocation allowance of 3,000 USD will be given to students coming from outside of Australia and the USA.
- Health insurance (also known as Overseas Student Health Cover or OSHC in Australia) will be offered to all the international students who require a study visa to study in Australia.
Duration of the Melbourne Scholarship:
The Australian Research scholarship is awarded for up to two years to master’s students and for up to four years to PhD-level candidates.
Eligibility Criteria of Melbourne Research Scholarship:
In order to be considered for the Melbourne Research Scholarship, a student must:
- Have applied to a research-based graduate-level program at the University of Melbourne or
- Be enrolled in a research-based graduate-level program at the University of Melbourne.
This Melbourne scholarship program only takes into account the academic and scholarly merit of the applicants. Applicants are scrutinized based on how they performed in their previous degree programs and how much research potential do they possess in their chosen field of study. Following academic factors play an important role in a candidate’s selection:
- Applicants who are applying to the same field of study in which they sought their last degree are given preference.
- Their research background in their proposed field of study also makes a difference.
- Candidates possessing professional experience in their chosen field of study also have an edge over others.
- Candidates who have a specialist qualification in the field of medicine or who have composed original music will be given preference.
Application Process of Melbourne Research Scholarship:
This scholarship doesn’t require a separate application from those who already have applied to a research-based course at the University of Melbourne. Candidates must have applied to the program before the deadline. Within, seven days, all the applicants will be informed of the scholarships that they are being considered for.
An online application is required by the candidates who already have gotten admission into a research-based graduate program and have deferred their commencement of studies to the following year and who are currently enrolled in a research-based graduate program and want to apply for this scholarship.
An application can be made by clicking the links available at end of this article.
The result of the Melbourne Research scholarship will be announced along with the offer letter for admission to the graduate program. The result of the scholarship offering a fee waiver and a stipend will be announced separately. Candidates will be notified of the result via email.
Deadline of Melbourne Research Scholarships:
There is no specific deadline for this scholarship. The last date for applying to the program of your choice will be considered the last date for applying to the scholarship as well.