Minimum IELTS Score for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR)
Canada is among the most sought-after place to live because of its friendly and culturally diverse populations. Plus, if you enjoy cold weather, Canada can easily become your home! Canada receives about 300,000 new immigrants each year, one of the highest rates per capita of any nation.
You may have thought about the procedure for obtaining permanent residency in Canada if you plan to study there before finding employment there. A common way to permanent residence is through Canada’s Express Entry System.
However, to obtain a visa, you will have to present evidence of your language proficiency, whether it be in English or French, to demonstrate that you can interact with comfort.
You should take the IELTS General Training test, which is the reference standard for immigration to Canada, to verify your English language command.
Canadian Express Entry to Obtain Canadian Permanent Residency PR
Canada introduced Express Entry, a virtual immigration system, in January 2015. This initiative allows the country to fill in labor or skill gaps. A skilled worker can obtain permanent residency in Canada through this point-based immigration system.
The Canadian government has chosen skilled workers and granted them permanent residence rapidly and distinctively. Express Entry Points, which are awarded relying on various criteria, including experience, language ability, skills, and others, are used to process eligible requests to immigrate to Canada.
Your likelihood of earning the Invitation to Apply (ITA) increases as your point total rises. Applications for PR Visas made through this system are generally processed in 6 to 12 months.
The program’s core characteristics are:
- There is no application limit for this year-round, online program.
- Only the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades, and Federal Skilled Worker Programs are eligible under the Express Entry.
- You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to apply for any of the job categories listed under the 0, A, and B Skill Levels.
- You will be added to the potential candidates after your profile has been evaluated depending on your points total.
- Canada’s provinces and employers will use this source to find skills and abilities that fit their needs.
- An ITA for a PR Visa is extended to the candidates in the bucket who have earned the most points.
- The annual immigration level determines how many ITAs are made available.
Minimum IELTS Score Required for Canadian PR Programs
There are three methods to obtain permanent resident status in Canada through the Express Entry system:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
You should make sure that your IELTS test results are relevant for the full six-month period that Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs to manage your application.
Express Entry requires a minimum CLB 7 score for language proficiency or an IELTS score of 6.0 overall to qualify for resident status. There are various language proficiency prerequisites for each program; listening, reading, writing, and speaking are the four subareas used to evaluate your language abilities.
Your points are distributed under your CLB Level (Canadian Language Benchmark).
Candidates for Canada Express Entry must receive at least 67 out of 100 points on their profile. This is depending on criteria like age, education level, work history, and conversational fluency. The FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program under Express Entry can only be applied for after that point.