The admission applications for the fully-funded Monaco Scholarships for the batch of 2022-2023; for BS, MS, and Ph.D., are currently being accepted online in affiliated Monaco colleges and universities. This is going to be your ideal chance to study in Monaco for free!
The most densely populated country in the world, Monaco also has a name for its higher education system. Students from all over the world come here for professional degree programs. The total number of residents in Monaco is 38,400 with an area of 2.1 km2.
Monaco has only one university, the International University of Monaco, and nine other higher educational institutions. International students mostly come to Monaco for its competent programs in the field of business and affordable fee structure. Other than that, Monaco also has a low racism ratio.
English Language Requirement for Studying in Monaco:
Monaco is one of those few countries that have a requirement of submitting test scores of IELTS, TOEFL, DET, CAEL, etc even from its local students. The programs are taught entirely in English. Students are free to take any one of the listed tests for proving their English language proficiency.
Student’s Living Cost in Monaco:
The population of ex-pats is more than the locals in Monaco. There are plenty of job opportunities in Monaco which drags people here. As a result, the prices of staples and commodities are high. The cost of living in Monaco is more than 6000 EUR per month. Dining out and clubbing are extraordinarily expensive as well.
Can you Work on Study VISA in Monaco?
Like many other European countries, Monaco also has a policy that allows students to get part-time jobs while studying for their degrees in Monaco. As you know that living in Monaco is already very expensive. Part-time jobs allow students to cover their educational or living costs to a fair degree.
Top Educational Institutions of Monaco:
Monaco has ten higher educational institutions in total. There is only one university in Monaco called the International University of Monaco (IUM). Some other notable academies and institutions are, Monaco are L’École Supérieure d’Arts Plastiques (ESAP – Monaco Art School), and L’Institut de Formation en Soins Infirmiers (IFSI -Nursing Training Institute).
List of Monaco Scholarships in 2022-2023
#1 International University of Monaco Scholarships:
IUM is the largest higher educational institution in Monaco with a number of different scholarship programs in place. These scholarships are worth somewhere between 1000 EUR to 5,000 EUR per recipient. The scholarships are only given on the basis of an applicant’s merit. Their financial need is not taken into account. There are company-sponsored and nationality-based awards as well.
A large number of students fund their studies through government loans. To get a scholarship, an applicant has to showcase an impressive educational background and leadership potential. They also have to commit to helping to fulfill the university’s mission.
#2 Awards by the Monaco Foundation:
These awards are given by the Prince Albert II of Monaco. The awards are meant to support research and studies in the areas of environmental sciences and sustainability. Students and researchers engaged in the areas of ethical practices and technological advancements can apply for this grant.
This scholarship covers the costs of a program related to managing climate change. The scholarship is given with the aim of creating awareness among people from underdeveloped countries about climate change. There is a budget for 20 awards in total. This program will equip the students with knowledge about climate change, its environmental impact, and management.
#3 Study Awards by the Monaco Government:
There will be two kinds of awards under this scholarship program:
- The first award is for those students who are pursuing a diploma course in Monaco. The affiliated programs and courses can be seen on Monaco’s Ministry of youth, education, and sports website. The scholarship can cover the cost of the diploma from 40% to 100%.
- The second kind of scholarship is given to those students who are living far from home or are foreign students. These students fall under the category of ‘independent households’. These awards can cover the tuition fee of up to 100%. Applicants must also be doing a job of more than 15 hours a week alongside studying. Preference will be given to the citizens of Monaco (i.e. they have the higher quota for the awards).
#4 Monaco Government Scholarship Grants:
The ministry of youth, education, and sports of Monaco is offering grants to those students who are going to foreign countries to take up a language course. Applicants should be older than eleven years and should be enrolled in a school or a higher educational institution. Eligible candidates should be one of the following:
- Citizens of Monaco or should be the spouse of one.
- They should be the dependants or children of the civil servants of Monaco.
- They should be a Monegasque resident for 10 years or more.
#5 Scholarships by the Papyrus Association:
Papyrus Association is a private company in Monaco that gives scholarship grants and support to students who are studying in Monaco. It offers various scholarships to:
- Students who are fulfilling a research project in research studies can apply for the Paul Scholarship. The worth of the scholarship is based on the quality of the project.
- The Marc awards are for students who are studying subjects of health and medicine.
- Students from the fields of computer science, engineering, and/or digital sciences can apply for Thomas Scholarships.
- The Noah Stock Exchange Scholarship is for students studying in the fields of communications, marketing, or mass communication.
- Robert Grant awards are for students studying politics and law.
- The Tote Exchange scholarship funds students’ projects abroad i.e. students from Monaco who want a grant to sponsor their study project or research in a country other than Monaco.
- The Stephane Scholarships are for students pursuing management programs.