OAS Scholarships 2024 in America (USA) for Undergrad & Postgrad Students
How To Get Into OAS Academic Scholarship Program?
Organization of American States (OAS) Scholarships for the class of 2024-2025 for undergrad and postgrad studies are now open for online applications in America. Set up in 1958, the Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program, is a regular financial aid that awards scholarships each year for the study of undergrad, Master’s Degrees, Doctoral Degrees, and Graduate Research programs.
The OAS Special Caribbean Scholarships Program (SPECAF), created in 1983, provides OAS scholarships for the final two years of undergraduate study to nationals and inhabitants of the OAS Member States of the English-speaking Caribbean and Suriname. Both programs adhere to the OAS Scholarship and Training Program Manual of Procedures.
Throughout these initiatives, the OAS offers other appealing scholarship options for scholarly studies through its Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC), which is supported by partner universities in the United States and across the globe. PAEC runs in compliance with the conditions of the specific company contract and the standards outlined in the OAS Manual of Procedures for the Scholarship and Training Program.
Benefits of OAS American Scholarships
The OAS scholarship is worth up to USD$10,000 every academic term and benefits are given on an individual basis which can include:
- Travel Expenses (A round-trip)
- Tuition Fees
- Miscellaneous Expenses
- Monthly Stipend
- Health Insurance
- Books Allowance
The rewards will range depending on the details and circumstances of OAS US scholarship as well as the duration of the scholarship whereas OAS scholarship do not include advantages for beneficiaries and do not cover all of the awardee’s expenditures and this US scholarship does not cover language lessons unless it is a prerequisite of the person’s authorized program or field of study whereas candidates chosen for an OAS scholarship must show proof of extra funds for their monthly basic needs.
What Are The Features Of The OAS Scholarship?
- Awards are available for full-time studying at any university inside an OAS Member State, even those in the OAS Consortium of Universities.
- Scholarships in universities in the candidate’s supporting country are not given.
- On-campus, virtual, and hybrid studying are offered.
- Applications for scholarships for online courses will be given priority at the time of decision.
- Scholarships are given for at least one or two full academic periods.
- Upon finishing the OAS program of study, beneficiaries will return to and stay in the supporting country for at least twenty-four months.
- OAS scholarship candidates taking online education must commit to spending the same amount of time in the sponsoring country.
- OAS scholarships offered for graduate study or research must be within the purposes and goals specified in the Organization’s Comprehensive Strategic Plan.
- The Academic Program does not permit degrees in the medical sciences or the acquisition of new languages.
- Following six months upon the end of their employment agreement, OAS personnel, OAS advisors, employees of the Permanent Missions to the OAS, and their families are eligible for a scholarship.
OAS Scholarships Eligibility Criteria:
You must be a national or permanent resident of an OAS member state.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS Member State.
- You must have the language skills necessary to enroll in the university of the country to study that language.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- You must have a GPA higher than the university’s basic threshold.
- You must be in good physical and mental health.
- Member states have further qualifying criteria that need to be met. For this information, you can read country guidelines.
Document Required for OAS Scholarship Application:
- You can obtain the online OAS scholarship application form. (Link available below)
- You will submit a copy of your identification card.
- You will submit a copy of the degree that you have completed, be it bachelors or Masterss.
- Your grade transcripts for the highest academic degree completed must be included.
- In case you are still studying, you can send in your current transcript of the degree you’re doing, i.e. Bachelor’s, Graduate, or Post Graduate.
- You will need two recommendation letters from your current or former professors through the OAS Recommendation Statement Form.
- You can also send in your previous workplace recommendations using the Employer Recommendation Form.
- Any recommendation letter from family or friends will not fulfill the eligibility.
- All your recommendation letters must be signed or stamped.
- Your CV or resume is necessary, but it should not be more than two pages.
How Can You Apply for OAS Scholarship?
You must scan all the necessary documents in one file, preferably in PDF, and upload it to your online application. The file must not be more than 8MB. The documents must be readable otherwise your application will be discarded.
Once you’ve filled out your application and uploaded the documents, you will receive an email from the OAS with a PDF copy of your application form. Be sure you are fulfilling country-specific requirements and sending your application to one country.
Hello dear. I would like to apply for a Ph.D. scholarship in Hydraulics Engineering, Hydrology Water Resources Management, or Remote Sensing.