Submit complete applications for the fully-funded Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) Scholarships for the class of 2022-2023 academic session. SJTU is currently accepting online applications for admissions and fully-funded Chinese Government Scholarships in co-operation with China Scholarships Council under the SJTU-CSC Scholarship program in 2022.
Whereas, SJTU itself is also going to award SJTU University-sponsored Scholarships with monthly stipends, free education, residential facility, and health insurance plan coverage.
The Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) of China is all set to welcome local and international students from all over the world and offer various partially or fully-funded SJTU scholarships in 2022. The applications for SJTU scholarships 2022 are currently open for the Undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. levels.
So, without wasting a minute, get your hands on the best suitable golden opportunity and take one step ahead towards a brighter future.
The SJTU is one of the best yet oldest public research universities in Shanghai, founded in 1896, and SJTU comes under the Top 9 best universities in China. However, as per the QS Rankings 2022, it is among the top 50 most promising universities.
Admissions Acceptance Rate of SJTU in 2021: 31.7%
SJTU is a very competitive University to get enrolled in for undergrads. The acceptance rate of SJTU on an overall basis was 31.7% recently.
Do you need IELTS to apply for SJTU Scholarship or Admission?
The international students are exempted from the IELTS requirement by SJTU for SJTU or SJTU-CSC sponsored scholarships and admissions; if the previously taught program was studied in the English language by the applicants. In this case, applicants will be asked to provide an English Proficiency Certificate.
Admissions Application Fees at SJTU University: 800 CNY
The application fee for SJTU scholarship application or SJTU Admission application is RMB 800, equivalent to 120 USD that is non-transferable and non-refundable. All the payments must be in RMB or USD for the above SJTU scholarships and admissions.
Reasons to Study in SJTU China:
SJTU is famous for providing high-quality education and innovative learning techniques with a practical approach. On the other hand, this 126-year-old university is located in Shanghai, a place that has so many artistic and exciting things to offer and explore. Here, the students will enjoy their best time during their educational journey.
As said above, a number of either fully or partially funded SJTU scholarships are there for local and overseas candidates, like Shanghai SGS Scholarship, CSC Scholarship, Shanghai Municipal Government scholarship, and so on. But to win any of these scholarships, all the passionate and devoted students have to work extra hard. The acceptance rate of this Double-First Class University is 10% for local candidates and 32% for international students.
Courses and Degree Programs Offered in SJTU:
In the meantime, this university has around 31 departments of Humanities, Engineering, Social Sciences, & Life Medical Sciences, etc. And is offering approximately;
- 60 Undergraduate courses
- 200 Master’s Degrees courses
- 200 Doctorate Degrees courses
- 28 post-Doctorate programs courses
LIST OF SJTU SCHOLARSHIPS in 2022:
In this article, we will discover all the scholarship programs offered by the SJTU for their local and overseas candidates with their benefits, eligibility criteria, and application process.
#1 Shanghai Jiao Tong University China Scholarship:
It is a fully-funded SJTU scholarship for overseas candidates, hosted by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China for Masters and Ph.D. degree levels. The application deadline is 31st March 2022. Mark this date in your calendars to apply for this SJTU Scholarship before the deadline.
Financial Coverage of SJTU China Scholarship:
The benefits offered by this SJTU scholarship are following;
- Full Tuition fee waiver.
- Monthly Stipends.
- Health insurance.
- Housing Allowance.
- The award-winning students will get a chance to learn about Chinese culture.
- Also, the selected candidates will become part of SJTU alumni.
Eligibility Criteria for SJTU Scholarship:
- The applied candidates must be fit and healthy, physically and mentally.
- All nationality holders are eligible.
- Candidates with outshine academic results having a Bachelor’s degree for a Master’s degree program can apply.
- Similarly, candidates must have a Master’s Degree for Doctoral Program.
- Proficiency in Chinese or English is a must.
- English language proficiency certificate is not obligatory if the candidate has completed his education in English.
SJTU Scholarship Application Deadline:
- March 30, 2022 – 1st Round SJTU CSC Scholarship Application
- April 31st, 2022 – 2nd Round SJTU Scholarship Application
- June 31st, 2022 – Self-Supported Application
- In the end, September 3rd, 2022 – Enrollment
Application Procedure for SJTU Scholarship:
- Submit an online SJTU scholarship application before the due date with the application fees of 800 RMB.
- The application must get filled in as per the requirements of the SJTU university.
- One can also apply via the Chinese Consulates.
- In the end, upload the required set of documents with the online application.
Documents Required for SJTU Scholarship:
#2 SJTU-CSC Chinese Government Scholarships:
The Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) has announced the Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) program for international students and aims to promote health and good relations among China and other countries. SJTU is offering this fully-funded scholarship in English and Chinese language for the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. levels in various fields.
The Application Process for SJTU-CSC Scholarships:
All international students can apply for any of the above-listed SJTU scholarships via two routes;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Chinese Embassy in home countries.
However, the route for application submission should be only one, not multiple. Every year around 6,300 students submit their scholarship applications for SJTU scholarships.
Financial Coverage Plan of SJTU-CSC Scholarship:
The SJTU-CSC scholarship benefits vary with the chosen degree program:
- Undergraduate degree: The tuition fee waives off, a monthly stipend of 2500 CNY RMB, free accommodation, health insurance.
- Master’s degree: Full tuition fee waiver. a monthly allowance of 3000 CNY RMB. free dormitory, health insurance.
- D. degree: A monthly allowance of 3500 CNY RMB, free room, full tuition fee waiver, health insurance, funding for attending the international conference.
Eligibility Requirements for SJTU-CSC Scholarship:
- All nationalities can apply.
- The candidate must apply within the legal age for a CSC scholarship.
- Also, the candidate with the two Recommendation Letters from their professors will give the preference.
Steps To Apply for SJTU-CSC Scholarship:
- Select the SJTU university of your choice offering a CSC scholarship, like SJTU at CSC portal.
- Create your account and fill in your basic details.
- Fill the CSC Scholarship application form and choose category B for the CSC scholarship.
- Fill in the SJTU university name and agency number of SJTU.
- Agency Number of SJTU is 10248.
- Submit CSC Scholarship Application and download this form.
- Now open the SJTU University website and create an account for admission application.
- Fill in your basic details, upload the documents in pdf format with a CSC scholarship application.
- Also, submit the CNY 800 application fee; if required.
- Try to attach the acceptance letter from any Chinese professor to increase selection chances.
- Submit Your SJTU Admissions application and wait for final results.
Documents Needed for SJTU-CSC Scholarship Application:
- Academic transcripts and high school diplomas.
- Valid passport copy.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Research plan (if needed).
- CSC scholarship form.
- Physical examination form.
- Letter of intent (LOI) (for undergraduate applicants).
- Language proficiency certificate (IELTS or TOEFL).
#3 SJTU-Shanghai Government Scholarship (SJTU-SGS Scholarship 2022):
Shanghai Government Scholarships at SJTU for the class of 2022-2023 are now open for all the overseas candidates for the Undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. degree levels. This SJTU-SGS scholarship is available in two types;
- Type A (Full Scholarship) with the benefits of; Tuition fee waiver, accommodation on campus, medical insurance, monthly living expense includes Undergraduate program: CNY2500, Master’s program: CNY3000, Doctoral program: CNY3500.
- Type B (Partial scholarship) with the benefits include; Tuition fee waiver, medical insurance.
List of Offered Courses offered by SJTU under SGS Scholarship:
The courses offered for this SGS scholarship at SJTU includes;
- Philosophy & Art.
- Law & Economics
- Science & Medicine
Eligibility Requirements of SJTU-SGS Scholarship Application:
- The applicant must meet the language conditions of the applied university and program.
- All the nationals are applicable except Chinese.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- The applicants must be under 23 for the pre-college program and have a high school diploma.
- The applicants must be under 25 for the Bachelor’s degree and hold a high school diploma.
- The age of the applied candidates must be under 35 for the Master’s degree program and hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- The age of the applied candidates must be 40 for Ph.D. and hold a Master’s degree.
- The interested candidates must have extraordinary academic performance.
- Must meet the entry requirements of the applied scholarship program and university.
- If a candidate is already enrolled under any Chinese scholarship, he is ineligible for the SGS.
Application Process for SJTU-SGS Scholarships:
The candidates should apply via the given link and fill the form with the required supporting documents with the application fees.
Required Documents for SJTU-SGS Scholarship Application:
- Passport copy.
- Guardian’s letter of Guarantee for the kids under 18.
- Correct e-mail address.
- High school certificates (optional).
- Blood test and Health certificates.
- Highest Diploma & Transcripts.
- Bring all the original documents to China.
#4 Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship:
The SJTU, in collaboration with the Municipal Government of Shanghai, is giving Shanghai Municipal Government scholarship to overseas candidates with highly academic scored results. It is a partial and fully-funded scholarship available for Undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees.
- A monthly stipend of; RMB 1100 for Undergraduates, RMB 1700 for Masters, RMB 2100 for Ph.D.
- Free Accommodation on campus.
- Health insurance.
- Candidates must not have Chinese citizenship.
- Age Limit; Undergraduate programs – under 25 years and have a high school diploma. Master’s programs – under 35 and have Bachelor’s degree. Doctoral programs – not above 40 years and have a Master’s degree with remarkable research expertise.
- The candidate must have earned a level 4 in the HSK test.
- The candidate must not enroll in any other scholarship program.
#5 SJTU-Confucius Institute Scholarship:
The Confucius Institute scholarships are available at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University for the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degrees in Chinese language education. Candidates with excellent academic performance and interest in Chinese language education can apply for this scholarship grant and avail of the various benefits;
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Health insurance
- Free Accommodation
- Living allowances
For further information, click here.