The Think Big scholarships 2022-2023 are being awarded by the University of Bristol to students who are pursuing an under or postgraduate program at the university. The total budget for the scholarships is 500,000 GBP which will only be awarded to international students studying at the university.
Students belonging to all the subject areas except medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine can apply for these scholarships. The award is given in the form of a tuition fee offset. No cash is given to the recipients to cover any alternative expenses.
The University of Bristol is one of the top-ranked universities in the world which has made its reputation for world-class research and teaching. There are many awards and scholarships available at the university for overseas students but the Think Big Scholarship is considered one of the most prestigious and generous scholarships offered by the university.
It must be noted that the acceptance rate of Bristol University is considerate compared to the total number of scholarships offered by them. So please apply with full care to get selected.
Funding Allowance of Think Big Scholarship:
- Three awards worth 10,000 GBP. This will be awarded each year of the recipient’s study program.
- Nine awards of 5,000 GBP. This will also be given each year.
Value of Scholarship for the Postgraduate Students:
There are three kinds of awards for postgraduate students. The awards will be given in the form of a tuition fee offset for each year of the recipient’s study program. The value of these awards is given below:
- 5 awards of 20,000 GBP.
- 10 awards of 10,000 GBP.
- 20 awards of 5,000 GBP.
Eligibility Criteria of Think Big Scholarship:
In order to apply for the Think Big scholarship, the candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria described below:
- Candidates must fall under the category of overseas or international students.
- Candidates must not be receiving any other scholarship that is offsetting 100% of their tuition fee. If the candidates are in receipt of an award that offsets part of their tuition fee, they can apply for the Bristol scholarships.
- Applicants must have applied to any one of the following fields of study at the University of Bristol:
- Social Sciences
- Applicants must be starting their study program at the University of Bristol in September 2022 (for 2022 rounds. The applications for 2022 is opening soon)
- They must be applying to an approved undergraduate or postgraduate course starting in the September of 2022. These programs must be full-time. Part-time programs are not eligible for this award.
Remember that this award will be given in the form of a tuition fee waiver. This means that if a student gets a scholarship value that is higher than his/her tuition fee, he/she will not be given the remainder in cash or in the form of any other alternative. Recipients who want to defer the commencement of their studies are not given a chance to defer the scholarship as well.
Process of Application of Think Big Scholarship:
In order to apply for the Think Big Scholarships, the applicants must be in receipt of a conditional or non-conditional offer letter from the university in an approved program. Then, they can submit an online application for the scholarship. They will have to upload all the required documents and submit the application. Candidates who already have gotten a Think Big scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Deadline for Application submission for Think Big Scholarship:
The application for the Think Big Scholarship 2022-2023 is in September. The dates for the new session haven’t been announced yet. The last date for application for the undergraduate programs was 29th March 2022. The applications for the postgraduate programs closed on 14th June 2022. (There were two rounds of application for the postgraduate programs with the first round closing on 29th March 2022).