Applications are open for the Global Master Scholarship 2022-2023 at the University of Birmingham. In this most unprecedented of years, the University of Birmingham has started offering a major new scholarship for international students, the Global Masters Scholarship, in which an award of £10,000 will be provided to support the students for their studies.
Approximately 30 scholarships will be awarded a value of up to £10,000 GBP. This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
The deadline to apply for the University of Birmingham scholarship is June 3, 2022.
Coverage of Global Master Scholarship:
- The Global Masters Scholarship provides a £10,000 tuition fee discount for approximately 30 academically talented students.
- This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
- Please note that scholarship awardees must have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham (plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK) and must also be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the scholarship.
- Upon enrolment in September 2022, awardees must pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
- If you withdraw from your program of study at the University this scholarship will also be fully withdrawn and you will be required to pay your tuition fees. The date of your withdrawal (as reported to Taught Student Administration) and the type of program will determine the amount of tuition fee that you will be charged.
Eligibility Criteria for Global Master Scholarship:
All taught Masters’s Programs are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programs in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Master’s degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates must also have, or be expecting to achieve, a first-class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
As an example, the minimum equivalent grade requirement in the US, India, Nigeria, and China are as follows:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are also not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
Eligible Countries for Global Master Scholarship:
Candidates must be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the following countries:
- Hong Kong (SAR of PRC)
- China (PRC)
Documents Required for Global Master Scholarship Application:
The candidates will be requested to submit any of the following listed documents at the time of the application submission for the Global Master Scholarship:
- Copies of all transcripts and certs
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Study plan essay for MS degree applicants
- Letter of Motivation
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Copies of the undergrad or grad certificate
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
- Recommendation letters should be by two of the former professors
The process to apply for Global Master Scholarship:
This is a competitive scholarship by the University of Birmingham and candidates who fulfill the eligibility requirements outlined above, and who has been issued and accepted an offer of admission to a Master’s degree at Birmingham, are welcome to apply for this scholarship by completing their online scholarship application form which can be accessed using the link below.
Complete the form accurately and in full as any incomplete applications will not be considered and cannot be amended once submitted. Only complete the scholarship application form once as any duplicate applications will not be considered and we will only review your first submission.
Selection Process and Awarding for Global Master Scholarship:
Once the deadline has passed the scholarship applications will be collated and a long list formed on the basis of the information provided. Selection panels will be formed comprising academic and professional services staff across the five colleges of the University, which will be tasked with shortlisting and selection to identify those candidates demonstrating the highest academic talent.
Successful candidates will be formally notified via email before 31 July 2022. Regrettably, owing to the volume of applications received, we will only be contacting those who have been successfully selected.
The University will make its best endeavors to input the scholarship details onto each student’s CAS record for visa application purposes by 31 July 2022 (this ‘note’ will be visible for the UKVI but not the student). The scholarship, applied as a discount to tuition fees, will be awarded upon enrolment of the successful candidates in September 2022.
Deadline to Apply for Global Master Scholarship:
The University of Birmingham is currently accepting online applications for the Global Master Scholarship. The closing date to apply for the Global Master scholarship is 3rd June 2022 at 23:59 (UK time / GMT+1).